• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 66's in a junkyard

Gpuller

Local time
5:23 AM
Reaction score
Last weekend my cousin said there were a couple '66 Chargers in a junkyard not too far from my place so we went to look at them Saturday.
Both cars are 383 auto cars, one has all the trim removed but most of it is laying in the back seat. Other car is complete and on the plus side it has a clock.
Owner is asking 2 grand for the pair, I think he's out of his mind. Need to get with him on a price, would hate to see them get crushed, they have lots of good parts to give up.

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

IMG_2846.jpg

Are the motors in them? The one with the red interior looks really good! 2000.00 for the pair isn't bad to me. I'ld be all over that.

The first car has early gauge cluster, worth some money, wood grain wheels are pricey, and the clock is a big money item, as are consoles. I bet you could do ok parting them out.

I believe 2 grand is one hell of a price for the pair. You could more than triple your money on them if you part them out. Do they have titles?

Last weekend my cousin said there were a couple '66 Chargers in a junkyard not too far from my place so we went to look at them Saturday.
Both cars are 383 auto cars, one has all the trim removed but most of it is laying in the back seat. Other car is complete and on the plus side it has a clock.
Owner is asking 2 grand for the pair, I think he's out of his mind. Need to get with him on a price, would hate to see them get crushed, they have lots of good parts to give up.

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

IMG_2846.jpg

If he is planning to crush them offer him jus a little over scrap value which is probably about $500. for each car.

Lots of parts there, or restore! How often do you see keys dangling from the ignition switch in a salvage yard!

I have to get with the yard owner and see what he'll do on the price. Basically parts cars with lots of good parts.
Both cars have Torker intakes on them, and one has a console mounted clock.

That's what I'm sayin! Fix the ed interior one for sure. Are they 383's?

doesnt look like he wants any PM's either. Does seem like there is some value on the cars. Rather see the red car get saved.

Maybe he is reading all of this and contemplating holding out for more money !

i could use the left door, and tailight decklid mldg, how can i get em?

"Why does a guy put a post up then doesn't reply?"

"doesnt look like he wants any PM's either. Does seem like there is some value on the cars. Rather see the red car get saved."

This all directed at me?
I don't check in often. Trying to get some money together to see if I can get these cars or at least one.
If I they can be bought reasonably, parted out and get my money back I'd be happy.
Not looking to make one car out of two, already have a '66 that needs attention.

Auto Transport Service
Back