• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 headlight "HEMI" grill for 64 Plymouth

bishop

Local time
1:54 AM
Reaction score
2 headlight "HEMI" grill for 64 Plymouth

Has anyone modified a 4 headlight grill for a 64 Plymouth to a 2 headlight grill?

- - - Updated - - -

Plan on dropping a 572 Hemi down in it this winter

Attachments

• 2 headlight grill.jpg
    2 headlight grill.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 365
  • 64 at tristate.jpg
    64 at tristate.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
There is a member here that does that with 64 Dodge grills, and does an excellent job. Many compliments from other members. I would bet he can do a 64 Plymouth too. I can't remember his name right now, but maybe someone else will chime in. My CRS disease is getting worse!........................MO

I believe 5.7 hemi does work on grills. Another option is Bill at Special T's Unlimited, I bought a grill from him for my 65 Coronet and it was really beautiful and a well done job (but expensive).

You'll have to sell your first born to buy it from spec.t

I did a 65 Dodge and my 63 dodge. Just a careful cut and fit. The 63 Dodge fit perfect. The 65 narrows in height towards the outside so it was tricky. The 65's never look good looking across the front due to that fact. Never done a 64. The shape is the same all the way across, I'd bet it's not bad to do. Both the ones I did looked way better than the factory jobs.
Doug

I've done a few 64' Plymouth grilles, and even attempted the single headlight conversion on one.

If you look at the grille in the pic, you can see the cut line. The owner and I agreed that it would look soooo much better if it could be done without seeing a cut line. So I proceeded on that route. Without a car here to mock it up, I made a graph on my garage floor and went at it. That damn thing fought me the whole way, even kicked my azz!!!! While I did manage to get it done without a cut line showing, it was total garbage in my opinion. The owner of that grille new way ahead of time that without a car to mock it against, I was shooting in the dark with my eye closed. So after 3 months of working on it, I had to send it back to him.

I would do another, but not without the car being here so I can check, double check, re-check, then check it again. A 64' Dodge is cake, but I have stuff here to check the fitment of the grille.

mine has the single hd lamp and you can see the cut line as 5.7 said. I bought the car from a member here that did the grill his user name is godfatherofchrysler I think. 64 dodge 039.jpg64 dodge 040.jpgIM001694.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back