• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 post lift recommendations?

Rusty knuckles

Local time
1:46 PM
Reaction score
I'd like to put an asymmetric lift in my garage. Any recommendations on cost effective reputable brands? I don't want the cheapest chineese junk (or any China junk) but don't need high end either. What brands should I look for?

Rotary 2-post, asymmetrical, 10,000lbs.
Reputable brand. $6500 installed 3 years ago. That price excludes the 220V wiring. Did that myself.
You'll need a minimum of 12' ceiling to install.

IMG_3088.jpeg

Look around for a used one near you. I picked up my Bend Pak for $1200, from a National Firm moving back to TN. One of my Best buys !!!
16926343082043691232787871873826.jpg

Bought mine from a local guy who replaces lifts in businesses then refurbs and sells the old units. Mine is an asymmetric Benwil 9K. Paid $1500 installed not including electric.
Working great for 10 plus years.
Ask around at your neighborhood shops.

I have a 9,000 lbs Worth. Mfg Fort Worth Texas. It is 20 years old and no problems.
Rotary.Friend has 2 of them,daily use 30 years old.Had to change one leaking hose because he dropped something on it.
Not the lift fault.Still going strong.

My first 2 post was an asymmetrical as that was the best I could afford. My last two are Challenger Versa-metricals. If I ever need another one, that is what it would be. Its advantage is you can lift lopsided loads, like a bus, or truck. That's advantageous to me as I can lift my cars offset so I can open the doors. Massive advantage working on inside doors, windows, under the dash things. Too old to crawl around with these knees as I once could.

Not a fan of Asymmetrical dont like the offset, but don't have the problem getting in and out of my cars. Rotary not cheap but for me wanted something with a good reputation.
A703F3AE-93C0-47A4-9E4F-5367829C1D72.jpeg

I have an Atlas asymmetrical 10,000lb. No complaints and reasonably priced. A lot of these lifts are suspiciously similar.

I have a Challenger 10,000 asymmetrical. 220V that I had installed in 2015 for $3400. I ran the wiring myself.

DB 17.JPG

602 U.JPG

67 A.jpg

XH 312.jpg

The guy that installed it also did replacement of lifts for Wal Mart tire centers where they replaced their lifts on a tight schedule. Many of them were still working so he went through them and sold them as rebuilt units for a lower price.
I LOVE having a lift. While I'm still able to climb around and under, having a lift does make most jobs SO much easier. Oil changes without oil on my shirts, tire rotation, brake service, underbody welding is SO much easier with all this room...no more of the spatter going down my shirt as I laid on my side welding!

Last edited:
Another Atlas owner, 9000lbs from Greg Smith. I got the extra width and height option to be able to back my car trailer into it and to clear my trucks high topper. No problems ever. Biggest vehicle I put on it is a Ram 2500 V-10 quad cab long box. I use 32 winter grade oil so the pump doesn't work as hard in the cold. It has super symmetrical arms for easy door clearance.

arms.jpg

Bought a new Rotary 9000 lb asymmetrical 25 years ago, back then I paid $1800 picked it up at the dealers warehouse & installed it myself....
Concrete slab was supposed to be 6" thick but was actually 2" thick....
I saw cut two 4' x 4' squares out, dug the dirt under the slab out to 5' x 5' by 8" deep so the new concrete is under the old concrete 6" all around.... Filled the hole with rebar & poured fiber reinforced concrete....

I have an Atlas asymmetrical 10,000lb. No complaints and reasonably priced. A lot of these lifts are suspiciously similar.
I should be using that Atlas, huh?

8B4C429F-03CA-487F-B9BC-2CE7EE5C6451.jpeg

Bought a new Rotary 9000 lb asymmetrical 25 years ago, back then I paid $1800 picked it up at the dealers warehouse & installed it myself....
Concrete slab was supposed to be 6" thick but was actually 2" thick....
I saw cut two 4' x 4' squares out, dug the dirt under the slab out to 5' x 5' by 8" deep so the new concrete is under the old concrete 6" all around.... Filled the hole with rebar & poured fiber reinforced concrete....
A good point to bring up to the OP. What do you/will you have to support the lift ?

I have a Challenger 10k. It is a great lift, I work closely with the local distributor. Rotary makes a good lift but not any better then the Challenger. If you want the very best, Mohawk is the best there is. I see 30 year old Mohawk lifts bring $3500 all day long.

Auto Transport Service
Back