• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2006 Ford GT hammered for.....

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:56 AM
Reaction score
395K on Me Cum auction! What did these cars go for when new? I liked the looks of them way back and still like them along with the new ones.

395K on Me Cum auction! What did these cars go for when new? I liked the looks of them way back and still like them along with the new ones.

I paid 153 large for mine when I bought it in 2006.

DSCF2125.JPG

I paid 153 large for mine when I bought it in 2006.

View attachment 1340243
My plan was to buy a Viper at retirement and was on the list for free due to a friend in the business but other things got in the way. My buddy even brought it by when it finally came in. It was yellar.....and it only stuck the knife in deeper. At least I got to drive it.

My old '97 Viper & Charger. I've gotten over my mid-life sports car phase & got back to my roots.

100-0084_IMG.JPG

My old '97 Viper & Charger. I've gotten over my mid-life sports car phase & got back to my roots.

View attachment 1340257
Don't remember but do you still have the GT? I know how the Viper is to drive around the city etc as I've driven several of them. They're so freaking low. The gas station where I bought gas was out of the question for anything that sat low and the Viper wasn't getting in there no matter what they did lol. Sure liked the way they drove though. No passive suspension crap is what I like!

I wonder if @Mr. Mike will comment on this thread. :rolleyes:
Well, here's a pic of the one I ordered......notice the lowly 2dr shadow on the other side lol. The 71 Duster that's in the frame ran high 9's. It's pic of a pic that's stapled to my shop wall.....

IMG_20210826_125028190.jpg

Don't remember but do you still have the GT? I know how the Viper is to drive around the city etc as I've driven several of them. They're so freaking low. The gas station where I bought gas was out of the question for anything that sat low and the Viper wasn't getting in there no matter what they did lol. Sure liked the way they drove though. No passive suspension crap is what I like!

By far, the GT was the coolest car I ever owned. It was shorter than the Viper & your eye height was slightly above the height of other car's license plates.

I sold the GT back in 2008 when the economy took a dump and my business leads all dried up. I figured it was better to have the dough in reserve than tied up in a car. Unfortunately, I sold it at a loss at the absolute lowest point and they started climbing a couple years later. It was definitely a bad move, financially. Who would have thought they would have tripled in price?

By far, the GT was the coolest car I ever owned. It was shorter than the Viper & your eye height was slightly above the height of other car's license plates.

I sold the GT back in 2008 when the economy took a dump and my business leads all dried up. I figured it was better to have the dough in reserve than tied up in a car. Unfortunately, I sold it at a loss at the absolute lowest point and they started climbing a couple years later. It was definitely a bad move, financially. Who would have thought they would have tripled in price?
Oh man, I've done that way too often and then when I hung onto something thinking it would go up eventually, it too was a bad move. Thought about buying a Hellcat Challenger but figured I'd just run it hard and put it up wet lol

Chevrolet, Ford and Chrysler, I like them all. Those who focus on one maker are missing out IMO.

20190811_175616.jpg

Last edited:
My son, third from the left. His best friends wedding, had to drive my Viper! 1993, first year Dandelion Yellow. Tell me he doesn't look happy!
viper.jpg

I like the looks of the 2005-06 Ford GT
better than the newer versions myself

I really like the org.s best, all $7,000,000 + worth
the 2005-06 look far more like the org.s

65 Shelby GT-40 MKII #1 LeMans Ferrari Killer.jpg

I like the looks of the 2005-06 Ford GT
better than the newer versions myself

I really like the org.s best, all $7,000,000 + worth
the 2005-06 look far more like the org.s

View attachment 1340689

I know two people who have the new Ford GT & I know that it's an improvement over the 05 & 06's, but I personally don't like them.

Its too bad Ford didn't give the new GT the option of getting the 5.2 engine in it. That thing sure sounds awesome with the flat crank.

65 Shelby/Ford (Lola) GT-40 MkII
65 Shelby GT-40 MKII.jpg

2006 Heritage
2006 Ford GT Heritage Edition #1.jpg

2020 Ford GT (From a post of RCs)
2020 Ford GT Mark Richard Cranium @FBBO.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back