• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 7th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - Time For Your NITRO Fix! Get Ready To Make Your Picks!!!

OK guys, your call...
Current game leader, 'stroked340', carried over his usual picks even though he didn't get them posted before qualifying started.
OK to allow them for full event bonus points? Or no bonus points and only allow round win points?
Let me know which way y'all want to go.
I also posted this on FABO for players from there to reply.
Good with me too...

Is this the 1st time it's happened ?
If it was reoccurring deal I'd say no,
but if it's just an oversight or 1 time deal,
I say let em' ride

IMO the worst would be no qualifying pt's
for not posting in time...

Congratulations to 'Back in Time' (FABO) for winning the Top Qualifier title of the 2017 NHRA Finals with a very nice total of 2.95 bonus points. He picked the #1 qualifier in Top Fuel, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle and the #6 qualifier in Funny Car. Way to go!
'Duster79' is in the #2 qualifier spot with 28.5 bonus points.
'Nick2317' is the top FBBO qualifier with 27.5 bonus points.
More great picks!

We have 14 players for the Finals and 13 different driver combos made up of:
* 5 different Top Fuel drivers. No Round 1 head-to-head matchup possibilities, but one possible head-to-head matchup in Round 2 of eliminations.
* 6 different Funny Car drivers. One Round 1 head-to-head between #2 qualifier Tim Wilkerson (1 pick) and #15 qualifier Robert Hight (4 picks). There is also one possible head-to-head matchup in Round 2 of eliminations.
* 4 different Pro Stock drivers. No Round 1 head-to-head matchups, but one possible head-to-head matchup in Round 2 of eliminations.
* Only 3 different Pro Stock Motorcycle rider picks. Although one of the picks was registered to race this event, he didn't try to qualify. So the two remaining picks may only possibly match up in the final round of eliminations if they both survive to the final round of eliminations.

Good luck all!

I dont care about the points. No amount of points are gonna help me. LOL

Nice picks Bel. Should have stuck with the good guys!

Hey all, give me a couple of days to have the time to do a season-ending post with all of the details.
I have the finish points calculated but there's additional information I always like to post to let y'all know how you did in some other areas other than just the point total.
I will tell you this - the points-and-a-half made a BIG difference and there was a bunch of movement in the standings.

Stay tuned...

I will tell you this - the points-and-a-half made a BIG difference and there was a bunch of movement in the standings.

Stay tuned...

Gpuller Jumps 15 spots to take the number one????

It would be cool to see what the KB boys would do with a Dodge, though.

I decided to post the season-end results in a two-part package. First you're going to get the event results from the Finals, then in a couple of days I'll post the season-end results.
Why?
Because I want the event winner to get his share of glory. Otherwise most of you would probably just skip to the season-end standings and never see who the best Pomona-picker was.
And, NO, it wasn't me!
Like I said in the previous post, the points-and-a-half made a BIG difference in the event point totals.
Congratulations to 'cuda20' (FABO) for winning the 2017 NHRA Finals "Top Picker Eliminator" title with an outstanding total of 248.0 points. He picked the class winner in both Top Fuel and Pro Stock and both of his Funny Car and Pro Stock Motorcycle picks went to the final round of eliminations before losing. He also picked up ET bonus points in both Top Fuel and Pro Stock Motorcycle and Speed bonus points in Pro Stock Motorcycle.
'ocdart' (FABO) was the event runner-up with 225.0 points.

'Gpuller' was the top FBBO picker with 173.0 points.

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Brittany Force, 3.667 during qualifying
Speed - Doug Kalitta, 332.59 while winning Round 1 of eliminations

Funny Car
E.T. - Jack Beckman, 3.835 during qualifying
Speed - Jack Beckman, 334.98 during qualifying

Pro Stock
E.T. - Greg Anderson, 6.541 during qualifying
Speed - Drew Skillman, 211.69 during qualifying

Pro Stock Motorcycle
E.T. - Eddie Krawiec, 6.781 during qualifying
Speed - Eddie Krawiec, 197.77 during qualifying

Digest these numbers for a couple of days and then come on back to see the final 2017 game standings.

For the first time, the game winner comes from Canada...
CONGRATULATIONS to 'cuda20' (FABO) for winning the 2017 NHRA "Pick 'Em" game!

Here are the final game point standings:

2865.5 - cuda20 (FABO) British Columbia +2 positions in the standings
2780-0 - ocdart (FABO) California +4
2777.0 - Budnicks (FBBO) California -1
2760.0 - stroked340 (FABO) Massachusetts -3
2743.5 - Nick2317 (FABO) Pennsylvania-1
2705.5 - Back in Time (FABO) Arizona +4
2700.0 - Duster79 (FABO) Minnesota -2
2692.5 - johnnycuda (FABO) Arizona +3
2692.0 - 71dartswinger (FABO) Florida -1
2684.0 - alsant (FBBO) Illinois -1
2654.5 - SSG Karg (FABO) Pennsylvania +2
2535.5 - memike (FABO) Arkansas -5
2497.5 - Gpuller (FBBO) Minnesota -1
2467.5 - 64BEL (FBBO) Wisconsin no change
2366.0 - super-bee_ski (FBBO) California no change

Here's the final class leaders:

Top Fuel
801.0 - Nick2317 (FBBO)
764.0 - cuda20 (FABO)
745.5 - Budnicks (FBBO)

Funny Car
652.0 - alsant (FBBO)
650.0 - Back in Time (FABO)
639.5 - ocdart (FABO)

Pro Stock
829.0 - ocdart (FABO)
797.5 - SSG Karg (FABO)
774.5 - cuda20 (FABO)

Pro Stock Motorcycle
634.0 - johnnycuda (FABO)
621.0 - 71dartswinger (FABO)
621.0 - cuda20 (FABO)
603.0 - stroked340 (FABO)

So now we have 3 months to rest up and get more done on our Mopars each weekend.
The 2018 NHRA season kicks off with the Lucas OilCircle K NHRA Winternationals presented by ProtectTheHarvest.com, Feb. 8-11, right back at Auto Club Raceway at The Fairplex in Pomona, CA.
I've already got my ticket for Friday qualifying and I'm more than ready for that first "nitro fix" of 2018.
See you there!
Watch for the 2018 game notice post sometime in January.

Happy Holidays all!

LEAD-Hoover-Fishbowl-Dragster20141020-06561.jpg

Damm congrats to the winner .....I love this NHRA pick em the only thing that irks me is Force intentionally blowing out to set Hight up to win

I almost pulled GP down the drain with me. Oh well, there's always next year! Congrats to cuda20!

By the way, 'Cuda20' also won the 2017 NASCAR "Pick 'Em" game. Way to go "Mr. DoubleUp"!

Congrats to cuda20 he won the NASCAR Pick Em' game too

ocdart passed me up too, congrats for 2nd place too, he went up +4
I went down -1, thanks to Torrance & Capps both went out early
oh well such is life...

Until next year...

Auto Transport Service
Back