• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 Carlisle thread

I've only missed one year for something ridiculous like our 25th wedding vow renewal. Like RC said the one year when it was 100 degrees + it was a little bit challenging. But that is Carlisle, sometimes it's hot, sometimes it rains, but there is not anywhere else like it.
I've been to Vegas Mopars at the Strip 3 times, the National in Ohio numerous (10+), Moparty in Bowling Green, Mopar Madness, and more. I've said before, NOTHING COMPARES. The only thing missing is the drag strip onsite. This year it is projected to be 3000+ show vehicles. Be there if you can, and of course stop by the FBBO tent!.
And let me know if you spot 61-71 Sweptline truck parts, especially front fenders:thumbsup:

Might go. Depends on scheduling. I'm only about an hour out so not that major for fuel...but it won't be in the Charger. I haven't had the time to rebuild the front end yet, and the bushings are SHOT. Depending on the car's mood, the front camber is either 0(ish)...+10...-10...or anywhere in between. Entertaining, to say the least (and, not the best for tire wear!).

If I go, it'll be to show one of the turbo toys...or maybe just drive the truck, to parts-hunt for various projects...I hate to miss it completely, just depends what I can have ready to go. My Daytona is usually ready, just blow the garage dust off it...wonder if it's too late to register/apply for survivor tent? 1 owner, all original except for nose paint, and RF fender paint (from a warranty-fix e-brake failure back in '92)...

IMG-20120320-00003.jpg

Might go. Depends on scheduling. I'm only about an hour out so not that major for fuel...but it won't be in the Charger. I haven't had the time to rebuild the front end yet, and the bushings are SHOT. Depending on the car's mood, the front camber is either 0(ish)...+10...-10...or anywhere in between. Entertaining, to say the least (and, not the best for tire wear!).

If I go, it'll be to show one of the turbo toys...or maybe just drive the truck, to parts-hunt for various projects...I hate to miss it completely, just depends what I can have ready to go. My Daytona is usually ready, just blow the garage dust off it...wonder if it's too late to register/apply for survivor tent? 1 owner, all original except for nose paint, and RF fender paint (from a warranty-fix e-brake failure back in '92)...

View attachment 1307061
Go for it. It's something you don't see every day - I'd think it would be cool to see it!

so what IS involved in getting into the survivor tent? Or, is it still called that? I was on the carlisleevents page just now and it shows a class of "barn finds/time bandits" but nothing about survivors...

Now I'm curious...and all I'd have to do is put a stock valve cover back on the car (right now it has a Shelby valve cover on it)....

so what IS involved in getting into the survivor tent? Or, is it still called that? I was on the carlisleevents page just now and it shows a class of "barn finds/time bandits" but nothing about survivors...

Now I'm curious...and all I'd have to do is put a stock valve cover back on the car (right now it has a Shelby valve cover on it)....
Maybe @Richard Cranium knows?

I

It’s probably too late now to apply.
@Triplegreen500, as Richard noted, it is most likely too late to get your car under the Survivor Tent. Mel Majors started working to create this class back in the early 90s when he first displayed his 440-6 Cuda under our tent with just a couple of other cars. Since that time, he has compiled a listing of over 200 cars which meets his criteria. Cars falling into this category basically retain 80% of their original paint and interior. Wear items like tires, hoses and belts are not knocked for not being assembly line pieces as those items may have to be replaced to keep the vehicle functioning.

Through the years, you may have seen a super original car under the display with aftermarket wheels or valve covers, but the car otherwise was so original that those items were overlooked. Eventually most of the owners have replaced those items back to what the car was initially equipped with so as to increase the originality of the vehicle.

Just like any feature display for Carlisle or for that matter any larger event, planning for those involved is basically started as soon after the event is over with that you start planning for next year. For Carlisle, they are very good in that they offer the Survivor participants selected parking for the tow vehicles and they cover the cost of the tent. For like The Nationals in Columbus, Mel was covering the cost of that tent out of his pocket.

If anyone has a car that they feel meets the criteria that Mel has laid out, stop by and talk to him at Carlisle. He is very approachable and is always looking to add new vehicles as finding new and unseen vehicles to the display is a desire for both him and Carlisle events.

The Survivor tent is a focal point for Carlisle. Thankfully, the show puts together the largest grouping of highly original Survivors that you will find at a Mopar event. If someone is looking for documentation on how things were done back in the day, these cars are the bench mark to the factory processes.

Last edited:
Well this year won't happen anyway. It's a work weekend for me. Maybe I'll come up Friday morning (have a gig in the afternoon) or Sunday.

It’s over two weeks away.
I wouldn’t get too worried about a weather forecast that far out. Let’s start talking weather around the 11-12th
Looks like good weather to me...no worries!

Going! Driving the Dakota R/T and arriving on Friday morning. Tinker67 and I are doubling-up in the Dakota and making the trip up from VA. Weather looks to be good and temps in the 80's as usual. See y'all there :moparsmiley:

So...what are the hours for the show? I know..."friday/saturday/sunday"...when are the gates open?

I have a gig in Maryland 3pm Friday (tomorrow), would have to leave the fairgrounds by 12 (12-1 drive home; 1-2 load gear for the gig, shower, change; 2-3 drive to the gig; 5pm showtime).
I work Saturday 7-3, I could be at the fairgrounds 4-430.
I should cut grass Sunday.

Trying to decide if I should go up after work Saturday (slim pickin's though by then, I'm sure), or should I go up at the asscrack of dawn tomorrow and wander till noon to see if I can wast....er, spend money on anything. Sunday is usually leftovers and vacant spots, I've learned recently...although last year I did score a $20 OEM front tag bracket for my '70 Charger.

Thoughts?
No show car, just the truck (in case I manage to wast...er, spend money on any jun....er, parts....:lol:

Everyone getting ready this afternoon

Got to walk all the vendors today

A8582F0D-A344-4EB0-91A7-8A0BEBE184DC.jpeg

CA17067E-25C6-4FC2-8387-419F506548D0.jpeg

FD195D07-9007-45F8-824D-7900F3CC575C.jpeg

DF9D41D0-9538-4B15-8852-CDD5F5A288F9.jpeg

410DBEB2-846D-4D40-A35B-E7D156EB58CB.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back