• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023/24 JEEP WRANGLER

I'll add my reasons for even looking at this vehicle. My shop/work is 6 miles from my house. Some years ago I leased a Chevy Volt. I could get 40 miles all electric and mostly parked my gas truck. At the end of the 3 year lease I had 30k miles on it and had used 45 gallons of gas. I still had to use my truck occasionally but I saved $400 month on gas by driving the Volt. The lease was just under $300/month. So savings vs cost was about a wash BUT there were 30k miles that were not on my truck(2014 GMC) which I owned.
So I recently started thinking along the same lines. I've been looking at plug in and all electric. There are a lot more options today then a few years ago. I will only lease this type of vehicle, no way I want to own an electric car out of warranty. I currently own my 2019 Silverado and have 40k on it right now. It's costing $400-$500 month on gas in Calif. So same scenario, lease to try to save money. My favorite to get is the Kia EV6 GT, runs 11.4 qtr mile. But cheapest lease is $600/mo-too much. Next is the Hyundai Ionc 5, not real fast but $400 lease. So I just discovered this Wrangler 4XE. It's a plug in hybrid but only gets 20 miles per charge, but I can make that work. Looks much cooler then those Korean cars and the pricing is pretty good. $280/mo but that's the bottom line with the convertible half top stuff. Not sure I like that but it's quite affordable. I prefer the Willys with hard top but that's just shy of $400 month lease.
So I was just asking if these are problematic or good. I don't know right now if I'll get anything but it helps to pass the time each day.
Let me bring up a new question, opinions on the Jeep canvas tops vs the hard tops?

I'll add my reasons for even looking at this vehicle. My shop/work is 6 miles from my house. Some years ago I leased a Chevy Volt. I could get 40 miles all electric and mostly parked my gas truck. At the end of the 3 year lease I had 30k miles on it and had used 45 gallons of gas. I still had to use my truck occasionally but I saved $400 month on gas by driving the Volt. The lease was just under $300/month. So savings vs cost was about a wash BUT there were 30k miles that were not on my truck(2014 GMC) which I owned.
So I recently started thinking along the same lines. I've been looking at plug in and all electric. There are a lot more options today then a few years ago. I will only lease this type of vehicle, no way I want to own an electric car out of warranty. I currently own my 2019 Silverado and have 40k on it right now. It's costing $400-$500 month on gas in Calif. So same scenario, lease to try to save money. My favorite to get is the Kia EV6 GT, runs 11.4 qtr mile. But cheapest lease is $600/mo-too much. Next is the Hyundai Ionc 5, not real fast but $400 lease. So I just discovered this Wrangler 4XE. It's a plug in hybrid but only gets 20 miles per charge, but I can make that work. Looks much cooler then those Korean cars and the pricing is pretty good. $280/mo but that's the bottom line with the convertible half top stuff. Not sure I like that but it's quite affordable. I prefer the Willys with hard top but that's just shy of $400 month lease.
So I was just asking if these are problematic or good. I don't know right now if I'll get anything but it helps to pass the time each day.
Let me bring up a new question, opinions on the Jeep canvas tops vs the hard tops?
Hard vs Soft depends on if you want to drop it or hoist it off. The hard top also has two panels in the front of you don't want to remove the whole thing. If you're interested in removing the top I'd watch YouTube to see how it's done then decide. If you're not interested in removing it go hardtop.
I use a ratchet strap system and can strip mine alone, doors included in less than 15. Assembly takes about 20.

Can't go wrong with a Jeep.
I've owned four.
'78 J-10 pickup
'78 Grand Wagoneer
'06 Wrangler Rubicon
And I still have the first one I bought,
new 45 years ago....
image005-1.jpgphoto.JPG
This how she looks today.
Jeep...(Just Empty Every Pocket).

Last edited:
In 2019 I bought a new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, I still have it and hope to keep it for life. My only regret was not buying one many years ago. It's more of a toy for me than a means of transportation. Very fun to drive. Summer time I pull the top and doors off and enjoy the fresh air. There's something about a Jeep that enhances the driving experience.

Auto Transport Service
Back