• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023/24 JEEP WRANGLER

MIKESPOLARA

Local time
12:14 PM
Reaction score
Been looking at new cars for a driver to lease. I don't really need one but have been looking at a lot of things. Wondering if any of you have any experience with above mentioned good or bad.

I‘ve driven a few. In fact just rented one to cruise Denali National Park, AK 2 months ago. Very sweet machines for thier class vehicle. I also have a buddy that off roads a lot in FL.He belongs to a club that roams the SW Fl area, as well as having cruise nights and general hook-Ups. I never knew Jeeps had that kind of following. He’s in love with that thing. I saw a darker gray, black interior tinted windows, with everything blacked out Wrangler Sport Pak in Costco last week. MSRP base was $37k. As it sat - all loaded up $48k. I almost considered jacking it right off the floor. Very sweet - I’d take it just as it sat - all in. I don’t need one either but still would like that baby.

It’s a Cult. Some cost almost as much as the Hellcat.

You do belong to a "club" when you own one. I've always owned a Jeep of some sort for over 40 years. IMHO the YJ series with Dana axles are without a doubt the best 4wd system I've ever owned. I'm not talking about off roading club morons, but the 4wd that will get you home or to work in blizzards with no roads plowed.
Nothing compares
As far as the wave and duck thing, that's the coolness factor for newbie owners. I've gotten several ducks on my old clunker.

Edit: somewhere around 1997??, I got called out to work early morning during one of NE Pa's lovely snowstorms. There were no roads plowed, and I remember stopping to get the snow off the hood so I could see. There were only 2 Lineman that made it in that night. The other guy had a lifted Silverado, and was amazed I made it. That was with a 94YJ.

Last edited:
So what’s wrong with using Jeep 4x4 for off-roading ? Is that not what they are meant for ?

only problem with my 2021 has been corrosion on the hood. in the body shop now being fixed.

JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket. Been there, done that. But I still own one and love it. Every June, several thousand folks gather in Butler, PA where the first Jeeps were built in 1941. The local group owns a large tract of land where trails have been cut and next to that is held a large show. Google Bantam Jeep Festival.

You do belong to a "club" when you own one. I've always owned a Jeep of some sort for over 40 years. IMHO the YJ series with Dana axles are without a doubt the best 4wd system I've ever owned. I'm not talking about off roading club morons, but the 4wd that will get you home or to work in blizzards with no roads plowed.
Nothing compares
As far as the wave and duck thing, that's the coolness factor for newbie owners. I've gotten several ducks on my old clunker.

Edit: somewhere around 1997??, I got called out to work early morning during one of NE Pa's lovely snowstorms. There were no roads plowed, and I remember stopping to get the snow off the hood so I could see. There were only 2 Lineman that made it in that night. The other guy had a lifted Silverado, and was amazed I made it. That was with a 94YJ.
I had a '95 YJ with the 4.0L I-6 and it was a total beast in any kind of bad weather. I had it for 6 years and I think I only ever did oil changes and tires. Great machine.

sO WOULD PEOPLE GET MAD IF i HUNG A DUCK BY THE BALLS FROM THE HITCH RECEIVER?

So what’s wrong with using Jeep 4x4 for off-roading ? Is that not what they are meant for ?
There is nothing wrong with doing that, and yes they were originally designed to do just that. Real off roaders are a blast, I've had several. I'm referring to the certain few that buy every JcWhitney accessory and the thing never even sees driving on grass. It is the most capable off road vehicle you can buy new, but 90% of new owners aren't aware it has low range or how to use it.

I have no desire to off road. I will never use the 4 whl drive part. But I drive what I want because I can

Auto Transport Service
Back