• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

22" fan shroud

skrcsmith4

Local time
8:49 AM
Reaction score
Ok I have heard so many different opinions on this Im going to post it. Did the 1969 roadrunner, 383, manual trans. No air, 22" radiator, come with or without a fan shroud.

Not this one, but it is pretty much unadulterated. Pretty sure my first one (new) did not have it as well.
P.S.
So far, installing it has proven to be a good idea.

yes i have to agree. I had the same car between 1974-1980 and I dont remmber a fan shroud. Ive had my radiator rebuilt flushed the system and the car still will run hot at idle. Thanks for your reply

I would not think it an option but yet my 70 satellite sport 318 with AC had one. It was also 22" radiator. It did have the mopar part number and star.

should have had a plastic one. bet somebody busted the original. my '69 service manual says a shroud for either auto or stick with a 22" radiator.

My 70 RR was a non-A/C 4spd car with a 22" radiator and had one on it when I bought the car from the 2nd owner.

Curiosity got the best of me and I had to search the FSM.

In '69 only the 318 (taxi & police engines) as well as the 440 & 426 (with manual trans) came with fan shrouds.
Same for auto trans with the exception that the 383 police engines also had a shroud.
With A/C, all except the Hemi had it.
Max cooling option had it on all but the 225 & the Hemi.

So, the answer to the question in post #1 is NO.

Last edited:
Thanks Gentleman. This goes to show you cant always rely on service manuals. My friends manual says the specified car did come with a shroud!

Auto Transport Service
Back