• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

273 Valve Stem Seals

ammachine390

Local time
3:24 PM
Reaction score
My Satellite has had a bit of smoke on startup, and has been consuming some oil. I pulled all the spark plugs and found one to be especially oily. So I pulled the valve cover and rockers off to inspect the valve stem seals on and found that that specific set was cracked. Guessing they are original and all brittle, not surprising since the car sat for 20 years without running. However, I am having a hard time finding the right replacements. Rockauto lists some but I'm seeing different types and not sure what to get. My car definitely has them on both intake and exhaust, and from what I can see, they both appear the same. I've read different things online that they can all be the same, or that there is a difference between intake and exhaust. Any advice? Can anyone point me (link) to a direct replacement? This is a stock 1968 273 V8 2 barrel. Thanks!

Standard umbrella's will probably last until it's time for a overhaul.

Auto Transport Service
Back