• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

294 down to 355

67belvedere/225

Local time
2:56 AM
Reaction score
just set up my rear end it s a 8 .25 from diplomat .
I needed a little more at the bottom so swap it out to 355
I will finish her up tomorrow cant wait to try it out

IMG_2010.JPG IMG_2012.JPG IMG_2007.JPG

the middle pic is my home made flange holder when I crushed the sleeve for the pinion preload

I see you have several sets of tires ready to test out your new diff.:lol:

Seriously, would like to hear about the change in performance. Bro. is contemplating a similar ratio change.

i met some old guy that had aspen and he told me the best set up is 355
i will let you know tomorrow

Going from a 2.94 to a 3.55 will be fairly noticeable.....

I thought the title was about a failed weight loss program. I was going to tell you that you are fat.

I did the same as you with one of my slants.It's a eye opener.You will swear that you put in 5.13's at first.

I thought the title was about a failed weight loss program. I was going to tell you that you are fat.
I thought it was about in Chicago as there's a I-294 and a I-355. Used to drive it a lot!

I'm just waiting for the end of the day so I can drive my girl home, it s raining outside now
but Friday and Saturday dry so I can do a smoke show.he he he

Nice contact pattern:thumbsup:. 355s to me are the perfect gear for all around driving with limited freeway miles. Expect just above 3,000 rpms on the freeway at 70 mph.

I love gears it really makes the car drive better , noticeably higher rev s on highway but , I just get used to it
I m going to put a 2000 high stall torque over the winter , she s going away in a couple a weeks .

Auto Transport Service
Back