• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2X4bbl

Understand that the 2 X 4 setup would mostly be for eye candy. The single Edelbrock 750 cfm. on my '67 440 R/T felt a lot crisper on the street. My '64 looked liked like any other Polara convertible (like Miss Jane's car from The Beverly Hillbillies), but, pop the hood and it drew people like flies to a $hitpile!

View attachment 1547338
ya .. just for the look of it. not going nuts with it .... just the cool factor.

I get a kick out of what you guys south of the Canadian border think is expensive. I just bought a Mellings oil pump for my 440 last week from RockAuto. $230.00 at my door; taxes, shipping, and $ exchange rate included. We only wish we could build a car as inexpensively as you guys. LOL
Canadians shop south of the border for better deals and prices. Americans shop south of the border for better deals and prices too. :)

hacksaw i did a twin fours on a couple cars , i used one inch spacers and drilled them for the intake pattern and mounted those spacers with threads installed in the outer hole pattern so i could run holleys or late afb's . the early afb's had the small bolt pattern on them , as the wfb's . i'm thinking that's what that 350/361 intake used . i've never used these sidedraft webers on a car , but it looks sweet !

DSC00960.JPG

DSC00961.JPG

DSC00962.JPG

DSC00963.JPG

DSC00977.JPG

DSC00978.JPG

DSC00968.JPG

DSC00970.JPG

Understand that the 2 X 4 setup would mostly be for eye candy. The single Edelbrock 750 cfm. on my '67 440 R/T felt a lot crisper on the street. My '64 looked liked like any other Polara convertible (like Miss Jane's car from The Beverly Hillbillies), but, pop the hood and it drew people like flies to a $hitpile!
LOL, that’s funny. It’s not easy peeezy getting twin 4’s to out perform a single. But it should have been there IMO.
I get a kick out of what you guys south of the Canadian border think is expensive. I just bought a Mellings oil pump for my 440 last week from RockAuto. $230.00 at my door; taxes, shipping, and $ exchange rate included. We only wish we could build a car as inexpensively as you guys. LOL
Move south young man! Move south! We welcome you!

i do have a 64 413 up here... not a 385 or running for that matter ...lol
I'd throw that 413 in your 62 wagon in a heartbeat. I just hope it has decent pistons in it. For giggles, I tried to find standard 426 wedge pistons, .0625 over for your 413, found only REDICULOULY overpriced cast. I'd either run what you've got, or actually spend enough money to get a set of custom pistons exactly the way I'd want them. Not cheap.

Before I'd dump a 440 to use a iron 383 dual 4bbl, I'd find a weiand/edelbrock/offenhauser aluminum dual four for a 440, throw on a couple edelbrocks, and a linkage kit.

....and then tell everybody it's a tall deck 383, 343 hp, only available in 62 (after grinding the name off the intake, and painting it, of course!)
Correct on the one year only "paper only" 343 engine never really available
engine cooked up by Mopar and Clay Smith Engineering back then.

I owner a 62 Dodge F/SA 343 wagon called the "Orange Crate" with a
200 Lbs leaded in roof under the full length Vinyl top. I bought it not was
not the original builder. I took it to the dump in 1974 after removing running gear!

However, they were all low deck 383 by then as high decks had been phased out a couple of
years prior to that.

Correct on the one year only "paper only" 343 engine never really available
engine cooked up by Mopar and Clay Smith Engineering back then.

I owner a 62 Dodge F/SA 343 wagon called the "Orange Crate" with a
200 Lbs leaded in roof under the full length Vinyl top. I bought it not was
not the original builder. I took it to the dump in 1974 after removing running gear!

However, they were all low deck 383 by then as high decks had been phased out a couple of
years prior to that.
Oh, I know it was a low deck 383 in the 62s. (Only 58 and 59 for tall deck 383s, if I remember right) The "tall deck 383" story in Hacksaw's 62 was just to explain the wide (disguised) twin four intake.

I had a 1963 Fury (Two Four set up) 318 that held the national record in AHRA way back then (12.20 in the late 60s. It. I was originally built by the Smith
Bros. and ran out of Burbank Speed. They traded me the entire car for a legal set of 426 Stage Heads back then that they were desperate to
find and i was reluctant to sell!

As i seem to recall = it was rated 260HP.

I won buckets of money beating all the new muscle cars street racing back then!!

wow ... thats a lot. and ya we do forget how much it cost yall to get stuff there. but. im wondering why ya can't get a Melling there.
I can, but it costs more. I have always been happy with RockAuto's prices and delivery. Their website automatically converts all purchases and shipping charges to Canadian $$$, so I know what I am paying. My best example of how bad we get treated by even our own vendors is the following. A couple of years ago, I needed a new gas tank for my 1967 Coronet R/T. The stainless tanks that most of the repro dealers sell are made by Spectra in Stratford, Ontario, within an hour's drive from my house. Unfortunately, they will not sell to the general public, only to jobbers such as NAPA, CarQuest, etc. My best price from local dealers was about $550C., taxes in. I ordered mine from RockAuto and had it at my door in 3 days for about $350C., taxes, exchange and shipping in. I saved $200C. by buying this way, and the tank had been back and forth across the border twice.
* As a funny aside, while composing this, AutoCorrect changed "jobbers" to "robbers". How appropriate! LOL

I can, but it costs more. I have always been happy with RockAuto's prices and delivery. Their website automatically converts all purchases and shipping charges to Canadian $$$, so I know what I am paying. My best example of how bad we get treated by even our own vendors is the following. A couple of years ago, I needed a new gas tank for my 1967 Coronet R/T. The stainless tanks that most of the repro dealers sell are made by Spectra in Stratford, Ontario, within an hour's drive from my house. Unfortunately, they will not sell to the general public, only to jobbers such as NAPA, CarQuest, etc. My best price from local dealers was about $550C., taxes in. I ordered mine from RockAuto and had it at my door in 3 days for about $350C., taxes, exchange and shipping in. I saved $200C. by buying this way, and the tank had been back and forth across the border twice.
* As a funny aside, while composing this, AutoCorrect changed "jobbers" to "robbers". How appropriate! LOL
robbers fits

I had a 1963 Fury (Two Four set up) 318 that held the national record in AHRA way back then (12.20 in the late 60s. It. I was originally built by the Smith
Bros. and ran out of Burbank Speed. They traded me the entire car for a legal set of 426 Stage Heads back then that they were desperate to
find and i was reluctant to sell!

As i seem to recall = it was rated 260HP.

I won buckets of money beating all the new muscle cars street racing back then!!
them old 318 poly's were a good mill. thay should have kept them and left the LA on the drafting room floor.

Oh, I know it was a low deck 383 in the 62s. (Only 58 and 59 for tall deck 383s, if I remember right) The "tall deck 383" story in Hacksaw's 62 was just to explain the wide (disguised) twin four intake.
this intake is off of a 58 350 CI. if i remember right it was a golden fury only thing. and some desoto's

hacksaw i did a twin fours on a couple cars , i used one inch spacers and drilled them for the intake pattern and mounted those spacers with threads installed in the outer hole pattern so i could run holleys or late afb's . the early afb's had the small bolt pattern on them , as the wfb's . i'm thinking that's what that 350/361 intake used . i've never used these sidedraft webers on a car , but it looks sweet !

View attachment 1547411

View attachment 1547413

View attachment 1547414

View attachment 1547415

View attachment 1547417

View attachment 1547418

View attachment 1547430

View attachment 1547431
now that would look cool in my car .... lol

Back