• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3.54 or 4.10s?

mbc0724

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
Cannot find the tag on my 1971 Charger RT Dana rear end. I know there are other ways to figure out the gear ratio. But maybe someone out there can take a good guess based on their experience and my RPMs and speed going down the road? At 60 mph I'm turning around 2600 rpms. It's a 440 4 speed car. Probably 3.54s? Thanks!

Cannot find the tag on my 1971 Charger RT Dana rear end. I know there are other ways to figure out the gear ratio. But maybe someone out there can take a good guess based on their experience and my RPMs and speed going down the road? At 60 mph I'm turning around 2600 rpms. It's a 440 4 speed car. Probably 3.54s? Thanks!
What is your tire diameter?

Probably 3.54 BUT there is some guess work still as there are some variables... Right speedometer gear? What size tires? Factory Tach accurate?

Is the gear driving speedo right? Agree your gears are probably 3.54's. If they were 4.10's your engine would be screaming and everybody is passing you. Had 4.10's in my car, after 5 miles, had enough of them. Best sales pitch for a 5 or6 speed trans.

You have the fender tag ? A33 or A34

The tires are radial TAs 60s 15 inch the car is in storage I'll get the exact size tomorrow. Factory tachometer...I think its accurate, but good question. Thanks for all the replies!

Auto Transport Service
Back