• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3" tti exhaust on 67 Charger

67440chrg

Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone on here used a 3" TTI X pipe from header back? My 21/4" existing tailpipes are rear tight between the tank and leaf springs as it is. The tailpipes have become rusted and it all needs changed. I have seen a couple cars with the tail pipes lower. Is that what I can expect?
Thanks for reading

Just installed a TTI 3" x-pipe exhaust system on my 67 GTX , it is not a bolt in system as everybody thinks . had to fit mid pipe to header collector adapters , then trim back of mid pipe to get the mufflers(dynomax super turbos) in place so tail pipes would sit correctly over the axle. as far as the tail pipes go it was tight. had to roll both rear seam corners of the gas tank a little. once you set them and weld the hangers they provide you should be ok .its a good system but you need to do some cutting and welding .i got it done with a little help from a good buddy of mine (a buick guro). two man job with jack stands. if you have access to a lift you don't have to get up and down and up and down and up and down from under the car a hundred times p.s. the system sound better them i expected. good luck TTI 2.jpg

Thanks This will be a winter project. Im thinking about using dynomax ultraflo mufflers on it with 3" pipes.

Thanks This will be a winter project. Im thinking about using dynomax ultraflo mufflers on it with 3" pipes.
TTi can also custom bend your pipes in stainless steel for a little more around this time of year. Never need to worry about rust and they look super cool.

This will be a budget upgrade probably wont be stainless. I will be adapting to my existing unknown brand headers. I hope to figure out how to get a break on shipping incase someone knows a TTi distributor with low or no sshipping costs.

I don't have mine all the way on but have test fit (removed, installed, removed) them a couple of times on my 66. I did have to bend part of the gas tank (the flange where the two halves of the tank are put together) stuck out to much and where easily bent towards the tank with a mallet.

I have had them for about 3 years. As mentioned, clearance is tight around the tank and axle. But they fit. I didn't have to cut mine. I know a lot of people like loud cars- I don't. The Dynomax mufflers are "medium loud" to my ear and I still wish mine was quieter. Although I've had plenty of comments that it's too quiet from others...

Sometimes TTI goes to shows and you can catch them and get free shipping (I did). Otherwise, yeah, it's a big heavy box (two or more, actually) and it's not cheap.

I suspect this may not be much help as the car has been restomodded (engine, transmission, suspension, gas tank all different) but I thought I would share a video which is several still photos of the bottom of my car. No X pipe but there are headers with a 3" exhaust on the car so thought there is a remote chance it might help
At the 9:25 minute mark to 10:15 of the video linked below you can see some still shots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSf3HR442lU

TTI perfect fit...

Has anyone on here used a 3" TTI X pipe from header back? My 21/4" existing tailpipes are rear tight between the tank and leaf springs as it is. The tailpipes have become rusted and it all needs changed. I have seen a couple cars with the tail pipes lower. Is that what I can expect?
Thanks for reading

I don't have headers, stock Magnum manifolds with 3.00 TTI head pipes and X Pipes no fit problems...TTI 3.000.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back