• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

30th Anniversary of playing with my Bird!

dadsbee

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:27 PM
Reaction score
Thirty years ago today I brought this thing home. I won't say what I paid back then, but it was probably the best investment that this then 27 year old could have ever made. Two months later I had her ready and in World of Wheels Oshawa with the Bee. Our dearly departed daughter Jennifer and son Daryl helping me load up. All I did to the car was pull the motor, clean and paint it the correct colour and put it back in..Oh and 5 new Polyglass tires. Had done zero to the car in 29 years, up until getting it ready for Talladega this past Fall.
jukebox 113.JPG
superbirdboughtfeb2020 001.JPG
superbirdboughtfeb2020 002.JPG
superbirdboughtfeb2020 003.JPG

Last edited:
. Sorry for your loss Dadsbee ... Beautiful Cars you have,..

very cool story.. Nice Superbird.. Sorry to hear about your loss.. A dad to a daughter and I couldn't even imagine... Hope your son still messes around with you in this hobby..

Troy, son current day... well at least last September at Daughters wedding ready to drive Bridesmaids. This was 2 weeks before Wife and I headed for Bama with it. Don't mind the youngest getting ready for her vows! LOL We lost her older Sister Jennifer 4.5 years ago after a 6 year battle with Ewing's Sarcoma, she had just turned 30.
kristalaaronweddingsept21109 070.JPG

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back