• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

315/35/17?

murfman

Local time
5:56 PM
Reaction score
Will a 315/35/17” tire fit in the back of a 66 Charger with the correct offset? Running the Hotchkis TVS if it makes any difference. The next narrower size from Nitto is a 285/40/17. I’d like to get as much rubber on the ground as possible

275/45/18 Nitto, I believe I could have fit a 295/45/18 that’s what I will get next set of rears

55062D7D-6CCC-4403-A4C8-7918AFF7CDA8.jpeg

I have about 1 1/2-2 inch’s to the lip and maybe 3/4 inch to the wheel well. If you get the backspacing right I can see a 305 maybe 315 but that might be to close

I will double check the clearance in a few days when I return home.

Will a 315/35/17” tire fit in the back of a 66 Charger with the correct offset? Running the Hotchkis TVS if it makes any difference. The next narrower size from Nitto is a 285/40/17. I’d like to get as much rubber on the ground as possible
I have 305/35?/17 on my 2" tubbed and moved springs 72 Swinger and they are tight. Hard to believe a 315 is possible OEM,

P6280065.JPG

Last edited:
295 is the max without tubbing, or jacking the arss end up to clear the top of the tire.

295/50/15 seen here
RTA295BFG15.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the TVS. Isn't that some sort of four link/coil over setup? If the leafs are gone, who knows what will fit? It might, MIGHT, with the exact correct backspace on the exact correct wheel. Might have to be a custom, or some sort of late model mustang wheel.
Bottom line; we have NO FRIGGING IDEA. You will have to do your own measuring on your own car, on BOTH sides. (Always the correct answer).

You hit the inner wheel well before you hit the springs. The TVS system is not a 4 link, it's stock

I'm not familiar with the TVS. Isn't that some sort of four link/coil over setup? If the leafs are gone, who knows what will fit? It might, MIGHT, with the exact correct backspace on the exact correct wheel. Might have to be a custom, or some sort of late model mustang wheel.
Bottom line; we have NO FRIGGING IDEA. You will have to do your own measuring on your own car, on BOTH sides. (Always the correct answer).
TVS is still leaf springs just lowered

TVS is still leaf springs just lowered
Then I very much doubt you will get a 315 under it. 295 might be pushing it, depending on how low. 275?
(I've got a 315 under my car, but it has a had a LOT of rear suspension mods. A 18/31x15 also fits.)

Rim width also has a lot to do with it. A 295 mounted on the recommended 10" rim width will be the fattest. Normally a 5" backspace (-12mm offset) is required with that combo. 295 doesn't leave a lot of room for error however, so careful measurements should be taken ahead of time to ensure a proper fit. Spacers behind a slightly larger backspace have been used as well, especially when you have no other option.
The only time you would move the springs would be if you were tubbing the inner wheel wells. I wouldn't recommend that option either since it directly effects the interior panel fitment behind the rear seats. OEM panels would no longer cover the wheel wells.

I wish I would of went with 20’s now but I still like my 18’s. Just need to work in the stance now

I have over 2 inches left until my wheel well

E0CAC752-ABA6-4E9C-91B9-B9E6D3F28CA9.jpeg

image.jpg

Sorry it took me so long to respond it’s been real hectic month for me

Auto Transport Service
Back