• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

318 fuel pump

TN 71

Local time
2:09 PM
Reaction score
I have a 1971 satellite with a 318. Has not run in 15 years. I have replaced the fuel tank and sending unit and fuel line. What is the best steps when replacing filter and fuel pump. Not finding any help videos. Remove alternator or work from under car? Thanks

Have you prepped the engine for the restart ?
Not sure what you are asking. Since I got the car I have not gotten it to run. It turns over by jumping at relay just no fire. Replacing fuel parts first then Will get someone to convert ignition from points to electronic. Then i hope she fires up.

Not sure what you are asking. Since I got the car I have not gotten it to run. It turns over by jumping at relay just no fire. Replacing fuel parts first then Will get someone to convert ignition from points to electronic. Then i hope she fires up.
What did you do before trying to start it for the first time in 15 years ?

Did you prime the engine oiling system?

For example:
http://www.manciniracing.com/mopoilpumpri1.html

What did you do before trying to start it for the first time in 15 years ?
I bought a good battery. replaced the starter. I replaced the starter relay, voltage regulator and ballast resistor. I changed plugs and wires.
changed NSS..changed oil and filter..changed valve cover gaskets. Now I changed gas tank, fuel line and going to change fuel pump and filter tomorrow. I have ordered a new Eldelbrock performer 600cfm carb that will be here monday. Car turns over great but no spark to plug.

318 4-6-2018.jpg

We always squirted marvel mystery oil into the cylinders before replacing the plugs. Did you prime the oiling system ? Edit: (Just saw delta's post after my reply)

Auto Transport Service
Back