• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

330 max wedge

No the # of valve cover bolts do not give one the exact casting, but its a general guide to things. Hence me stating to remove the rocker arm cover to check for casting #s. The 4 bolt covers wont fit properly on a 6 bolt, youd have to grind the lower 2 bolt bosses off, amhik, :)

Just remember that up to 62,all B/RB heads had had no freeze plugs

He wants the slack in the steering out. I just learned this tonight after talking to him tonight. My thoughts are I can upgrade the box.

I'll check for freeze plugs and markings.
CHECK THE IDLER ARM ! They will cause a loose or sloppy feel

mani looks like mine and its a 63 vintage

max.jpg

Pull the engine out through the bottom. Take the K member and all in one piece. While the engine is getting worked over redo all the front end bits and bumpers and bushings. The steering box can be rebuilt or replaced afterwards. My 2¢

It is very easy to get a manual steering gearbox rebuilt for under 200 if near a major town. Makes a world of difference on play in the steering wheel and on staying in the correct lane. After the first one was done just wished I had done it sooner. Best money ever spent.

I have a '63 330 with an all new stock frontend and it has zero slop! A real pleasure to drive!

Engine complete junk in this one. I found a 426 replacement with correct intake but the owner not interested. He wants a stroked 440. To my dismay he don't care about originality.

What kind of money you looking for? More info would be nice!
I don't want to horn in on your dealings with Ski....if things don't work out , I have a set " complete" as well. (4bolt valve cover) Pm me if you like.

Auto Transport Service
Back