• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

340 question

Roger63

Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
When I dropped off my crank at the machine shop the owner was telling me he had some abandoned blocks. One of which he claims is a 340 for an AAR cuda. What if any are the ways to verify this information? As he wants to sell but we have yet to discuss a price.
Thanks

It will have a -TA after the casting number. Other way would be to match the vin with a known car.

It will have a -TA after the casting number. Other way would be to match the vin with a known car.
Thanks I can't believe it's that simple lol. I searched on line for an hour and couldn't find an answer.

Here’s a pic. Please post the VIN if it turns out to be a TA block. My car came from OK and is missing the
DDDCEEC4-DD0D-48AF-97B4-7CD989F7515C.jpeg
original block.

Also, the oil pan rail is filled for extra strength, if I remember correctly, vs std 340 blocks.

Which block is it? There are so many versions it’s silly.

OK & cool! The numbers on the driver side please!
Please take note of an X or R or R3 on the front passenger of the block.

I could not find it so quickly in the parts book but found;

For sale years back below;
[FOR SALE] - Small Block Mopar Race Blocks
9.0 Deck R3 067
Water Block 340 Mains
P4532908
48 Degree
Billet Caps / Piston Oilers / Studed
50mm Cam Tunnel
4.055 Bore
Sonic Checked / Thick Walls
Pressure Checked
Crack Checked
Measured Mains / Cylinders
Block has has been repaired with one sleeve
$2,900 OBO

Also this one for sale way back;
Sell Mopar 340 R3 Race engine new 4 bolt mains in Carmichael, California, US, for US $1,975.00
Mopar 340 Race engine. Brand new, 4 bolt mains. Part number P4532908. Deck 9200, siamiese bore, max bore size 4220, 48 degree lifter angle. Can use stock oil pump. Has stock motor mounts and stock oil filter.

Then this thread;
Help - R Block P4532908 Info
Recently posted, with a phone number, perhaps he can shed light on it personally? Click below!
Mopar P4532908 R3 Engine

I could not find it so quickly in the parts book but found;

For sale years back below;
[FOR SALE] - Small Block Mopar Race Blocks
9.0 Deck R3 067
Water Block 340 Mains
P4532908
48 Degree
Billet Caps / Piston Oilers / Studed
50mm Cam Tunnel
4.055 Bore
Sonic Checked / Thick Walls
Pressure Checked
Crack Checked
Measured Mains / Cylinders
Block has has been repaired with one sleeve
$2,900 OBO

Also this one for sale way back;
Sell Mopar 340 R3 Race engine new 4 bolt mains in Carmichael, California, US, for US $1,975.00
Mopar 340 Race engine. Brand new, 4 bolt mains. Part number P4532908. Deck 9200, siamiese bore, max bore size 4220, 48 degree lifter angle. Can use stock oil pump. Has stock motor mounts and stock oil filter.

Then this thread;
Help - R Block P4532908 Info
Recently posted, with a phone number, perhaps he can shed light on it personally? Click below!
Mopar P4532908 R3 Engine
Machinist said this one was 52 degrees instead of 48. It's not something I'm looking for,but I have contact info.

This may - - - may be a difficult lock to sell with it’s unusual features. If it has the 50mm cam journals, it’s not an average man’s block but a racers block. 50mm cam codes are hard to find and very expensive since they’re sold as blanks only and then need to be machined to your specs.

It’s current worth? I couldn’t honestly say since I have no need or want of such a part.

That has been know to happen. Ether ill machined or mistakenly machined @ 59*.

Auto Transport Service
Back