• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

346 cast number heads

Depends on the application. But they are just as good as the other open cylinder heads. Do a search, bet you'll find more info on them.

Sweet thanks. Just did the search and they arent to bad of a head. Im not going to use them just came across a set and haven't seen that cast number before.

A decent head, open chamber found a lot of 1971-1973 big bloock cars, similar to 906 or 452 heads.

mike

I have used them and they work well. Best factory heads in my opinion are first the 915 closed chamber heads found on the 67 440. Then the 906 head, then 452, and the 346 last. They all flow well in stock form, and respond well to larger valves and porting.

Thanks to everyones input. Yea ive read these do flow similar to the 906s. On a test in mopar mag they just flowed a little less to the 906 like only 2cfm.

The port on the 516, 346 and 452 are all of the flat intake floor design, which are not as good as the 915 and 906. They won't kill the build, but if you have to redo a set of heads and happen to have a set of 906's, or can get a set easily, I'd use the 906's. My first choice are the 915's but those are harder to find.

True meep meep. Im not planning on useing these heads we got them for free just wanted some advise on them.

Auto Transport Service
Back