• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

360 Engine year Identification

Encswsm

Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
Hello. My 1966 Charger was re-engined by a previous owner . From 318 to a 360. How do I find out what year engine it is? Thanks

Date is on the side of the block.

xx/xx/xx Like you write a check

The best ones in my testing have been those
starting with 34 or 36 part number on casting number.

These are early blocks that are rumored to be 340 castings.

Hello. My 1966 Charger was re-engined by a previous owner . From 318 to a 360. How do I find out what year engine it is? Thanks

Look right below where the left head meets the block surface. The parts book info is from 1974 but should apply to applications in other years.
Mopar-340-Small-Block-VIN-Identification-Date-down.jpg

Well It is a 360 and I put the 4 digit number into 10000 day calendar decoder and it came up with Thursday, May 10, 1973! Cool
Thanks a million

Date is also written on side of the block in case
you do not want to do the math.

The cast date and assembled date can be months apart.

Well It is a 360 and I put the 4 digit number into 10000 day calendar decoder and it came up with Thursday, May 10, 1973! Cool
Thanks a million

OK. Let's see if we can determine what I came out of. Look on the passenger's side for the VIN pad. You should see something like 3D285***.

OK. Let's see if we can determine what I came out of. Look on the passenger's side for the VIN pad. You should see something like 3D285***.
Ill get that when I get it up on a lift. Its hard to get to due to Headers in the way

Gostaria da ajuda de alguém para identificar meu motor 360. Qual carro é? o número dele é
8W360T16188
obrigado

Auto Transport Service
Back