• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

360 info needed

phishfud

Local time
1:45 AM
Reaction score
I've been looking for a 360 for my Demon, and found two locally. One is from a 76 motorhome, and the other an 84 truck. I am way new to the Mopar world, and really have no idea which of these is beter suited for a performance build. I had originally thought of doing a 440, but these motors are so dirt cheap, it's hard to pass up. Any info on pros/cons would be great. Also, is there a website somewhere that lists casting numbers and such that I could use for when I go look at them? Thanks in advance.

Terry

Ethier will do, double check the '84 engine just to see if it is a roller motor. I don't think it is but the heads MAY be a more desireable set with casting numbers ending in 308 which are found under the head in the center by the intake ports entrance.

Ethier engine is otherwise about equal in it's buildable state including the heads which all 340/360 heads flow within a few CFM except 340 X heads. There only a few cfm better than anyother of the better heads you find. The 2.02 dosent hurt ethier. Though most street performance engine will like the OE 1.88/1,60 valves over a 2.02 since you'll need to spin the engine kind of high to reap there bennifits.

You got questions, I got answers. I'll do my best to honestly help you out with this.

Try Allpar.com or something like that for numbers, Mymopar is also goof for a few numbers, how to rebuild/hot to hotrod my S/B mopar are very good as well.

Auto Transport Service
Back