• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

383 cam selection mistake??

Im just going to run it. I will have some 906 heads and a TM6 intake for sale soon. Ordered a dual plane edelbrock and picked up a set of 5090 Edlebrock heads since it was tore down anyways. Cam that is in it seemed to pull hard. Cant really identify it but did find a Melling 111819 number which is basically the same with a little more duration than the P4452783 purple shaft. Have some adustable harland sharp rockers and 8.250 push rods in the mail coming soon. I apprecaite all the information and help with 383 cam info.

41BC9B48-FAF0-4320-92D3-CCE55AABB15A.jpeg

Yeah i measured them at 80 thou in the hole. Using summit compression calculator it comes out to 8.8:1 with the .027 head gasket thickness with 75cc heads with the 4.31 bore x 3.375 stroke….. still cant find any info on the cam numbers…..
Yep, 0.080" in the hole.

Did you measure the 915 chambers? Unless you did some cutting and/or larger and thicker margin SS valves, They are usually closer to 78-80 cc.

Yep, 0.080" in the hole.

Did you measure the 915 chambers? Unless you did some cutting and/or larger and thicker margin SS valves, They are usually closer to 78-80 cc.
Im going off the edelbrock heads im putting on. I removed the 915 heads.

Auto Transport Service
Back