• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

383 engine details road Runner

pro-streeter

Local time
8:05 AM
Reaction score
I am about to paint my 1969 383 Road Runner engine. This car has factory AC PS and the build date is December 1968. The engine when I bought the car was orange. I found some turquoise after rebuilding it.
I am not sure how much of the engine should be painted the factory color. Also would it be orange or is turquoise correct? Any pictures would be helpful.
Thanks

The correct color for the 383 in '69 was orange, turquoise in '68.

Unless your '69 didn't have the 335 hp. engine. For instance, if it was air conditioned it could have the turquoise 330 hp. engine.

Unless your '69 didn't have the 335 hp. engine. For instance, if it was air conditioned it could have the turquoise 330 hp. engine.

This car is a factory AC California built. As stated under the orange I found turquoise. This leads me to believe it is turquois. Also would the different color help identify an AC option car coming down the assembly line?

The turquoise engine was the same 330 hp. 4bbl engine that you could get in a Satellite, used in air conditioned road runners because of its slightly milder cam. It was just a better combination.

Build the engine.Then paint it with the manifolds on. Then put the accy on.

I'll be damned, you learn something new every day.

Auto Transport Service
Back