• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3g hemi

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:38 AM
Reaction score
If anyone has a 3g Hemi swaped into vintage iron, have you had any problems with it idiling. steady rpm above idle, or any problems, hiccups, anomalies. I ask because mine seems to be starving for fuel. I mean, you hear a steady sound from the fuel pump and then it slows down then picks up again. You can watch the exhuast and see the vapor go alomg with the sound and the engine. I'm curious if this is just the computer learning or some other "problem".

not familiar with new hemis but it sounds like a tps problem

Does your wiring harness have a diagnostic port installed in it? You should be able to hook into it with a DRB3(Chrysler diag tool) and watch all of your sensor values and voltages as the car runs and compensates. You should be able to pull any codes from the PCM or have a good Chysler tech interpret the data. Thats the beauty of a modern drive train.

Most of the codes that came up are non drivability codes. I put some fuel system cleaner in the tank tonight and will fire it up in the morning. My dad said that it could be that since I don't have the converter in and all the wiring done it could all be related, so since dad is "never wrong":grin:, I'll wait till I put it together after paint&body, then go from there. But between now and then it's gonna bug the crap out of me.

Auto Transport Service
Back