• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$4.8 Million Dollar Hemi 'Cuda

VFilms

Local time
10:11 AM
Reaction score
Old Mecum auctions were running on TV this weekend. In May of this year at Indy a '71 Hemi 'Cuda convertible 4 speed, one of only three produced, was up for sale. The high bid was $4.8 million and did not sell.
Wonder what my 1991 Yugo GV Plus with EFI and factory A/C is worth.

1971-plymouth-hemi-cuda-convertible-photo-by-mecum-auctions_100787842_h.jpg yugo.jpeg

Old Mecum auctions were running on TV this weekend. In May of this year at Indy a '71 Hemi 'Cuda convertible 4 speed, one of only three produced, was up for sale. The high bid was $4.8 million and did not sell.

View attachment 1213606 View attachment 1213607
Wut ? The car on the upper photo doesn't even have a roof. The car on the lower photo is Panther Pink ! With racing stripes ! Now, that's what I call a supercar !

The GV stands for Geek Vehicle! It might bring twelve bucks on the right day,if the real buyers are in the crowd!

That $4.8 mil drags up even bottom of the totem pole Hemi convertibles up in price.:D

id have to think that the seller was being greedy...4.8 mill!!?? and didnt take it??
whats the theory on that 1??
seller had over 5 mill in car....???

and,as far as yugos go,my stepdad tried to get me into one once,when my amx was down and getting new clutch.
the window cranks fell off...one broke before i left the Lot!........the rear view mirror fell off....While i was testdriving it......
was probably the worst car i ever got into,and thats saying a lot compared to that vega i had.

id have to think that the seller was being greedy...4.8 mill!!?? and didnt take it??
whats the theory on that 1??
seller had over 5 mill in car....???

and,as far as yugos go,my stepdad tried to get me into one once,when my amx was down and getting new clutch.
the window cranks fell off...one broke before i left the Lot!........the rear view mirror fell off....While i was testdriving it......
was probably the worst car i ever got into,and thats saying a lot compared to that vega i had.
C’mon… EFI And AC? Who needs window cranks.

View attachment 1213606 View attachment 1213607
Your Yugo is worth whatever the wheels are worth. That's it.

When the Yugo came out here in the states,there was a local Buick dealership,that gave one to every customer who bought a high end Buick.

When the Yugo came out here in the states,there was a local Buick dealership,that gave one to every customer who bought a high end Buick.

were they trying to piss off the good customers?

531D8DDB-27E1-4FA7-8F8C-1F0BEB8F5522.jpeg

Last edited:
As one of my old used car salesmen friends used to say:
"There's an *** for every seat". :thumbsup:

I'm amazed at prices people will pay for a car
(or a piece of a-- too)

I don't blame the auction houses either
they are just offering it for the sellers, to get the most they can

& get filthy rich doing it too

The Yugo was voted worse production car ever to be sold in US. Because of that. I would ask near 6 figures for your '91? It's certainly the highest optioned Yugo I've ever seen. Numbers matching. So much goodness in a single package!

Auto Transport Service
Back