• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 door parts same a 2 door parts?

national

Local time
8:02 AM
Reaction score
What all will change out..hood,trunk fenders? Any of the floor pans?on a 66,67 models..also what about 66 to 67 parts?..I have 67 2 door..looking at a 66 4door parts car..will hood,fenders trunk be right?

Floor pans will work, hood will work. 66 and 67 are different from each other on front fenders, decklid, taillights, instrument cluster, steering wheel, grill, hood latch support. Windshield from a 4 door will NOT fit a 2 door hardtop. Not much to use from a 66 4 door on a 67 2 door.
Hope this helps

66blvee pretty much hit the nail on the head. If you are looking for body parts about the only interchangeable part is the hood. The other part will bolt on, but will not be correct for the year if you jump from one to the next. Steering columns and dash frames are not interchangeable from year to year (collapsable vs non collapsable)

Some other things to add to the interchange list are: Front frame rails, inner fenders, firewall, upper and lower cowl, inner and outer door hinge posts, Front door hinges (which are less likely to be worn out due to lighter doors), K frame, all floor pans from the firewall back to the trunk floor, inner and outer wheel tubs, trunk extensions.....pretty much everything underneath the sheet metal is interchangeable. Plus you get wiring harnesses and all the mechanical are interchangeable.

What doesn't interchange are: Anything to do with doors or roof unless you are putting together a 2 door sedan. If a 2 door sedan, the roof and rear glass are interchangeable, and I believe the A pillar and windshield interchange with a 2 door sedan.

Stay within the same year as your existing car, and you will get all front and rear body panels to interchange. A 4 door is a pretty good parts car....they come by a little cheaper, and for some reason don't seem to be as rusty as the two doors.

On the Belvedere, the fenders are different because the 67 had quad headlights and the 66 had singles but if you can change out the welded in buckets, then you can make them work because the outward appearance is the same. The quarter panels are different between the 2 and 4 door for obvious reasons but they are the same between the 2 years. Even the quarter extensions are the same but the tail lights are different. The trunk lids are different too but will bolt on. The 66 lid is convex at the back and the 67 is indented and uses different trim....and the collapsible columns will interchange with the non collapsible one. On the Coronet, I haven't had enough experience with them to make any comments on them.

Wow..Alot more than I thought was different..Thanks a bunch for the lesson...

QUOTE=Cranky;909991222]On the Belvedere, the fenders are different because the 67 had quad headlights and the 66 had singles but if you can change out the welded in buckets, then you can make them work because the outward appearance is the same. The quarter panels are different between the 2 and 4 door for obvious reasons but they are the same between the 2 years. Even the quarter extensions are the same but the tail lights are different. The trunk lids are different too but will bolt on. The 66 lid is convex at the back and the 67 is indented and uses different trim....and the collapsible columns will interchange with the non collapsible one. On the Coronet, I haven't had enough experience with them to make any comments on them.[/QUOTE]

66 and 67 are different on taillights and extensions Cranky. The opening on the 67 quarter panel is smaller and the 66 taillight will NOT fit. For two cars that look so much alike on the body, there is alot of differences. TRUST ME, I have been there.

What about 4 door parts on 2 door car..same year model..hood,trunk,fenders,bumpers,grill,taillights..etc..what about trunk pan..are they shorter on the 4door vs 2 door? behind the wheel,the quarter looks shorter from what little Ive seen

On 67 b body 4 doors and 2 doors are the front door hinges the same?

We talking 66 Belvedere or Coronet? Because on a Coronet, the 66 front fenders will work. I only had to modify the little headlight mounting bracket when I replaced the front on my 67 R/T with one from a 66 Coronet after I crunched it back in the distant past.

What about 4 door parts on 2 door car..same year model..hood,trunk,fenders,bumpers,grill,taillights..etc..what about trunk pan..are they shorter on the 4door vs 2 door? behind the wheel,the quarter looks shorter from what little Ive seen
Trunk pans are the same. 2dr and 4dr have the same wheel base.

Auto Transport Service
Back