• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 spd clutch linkage question

jag_mopar

Local time
7:09 AM
Reaction score
Help!! In my shop, I have a buds 69 Road Runner that I am cleaning up some problems from some " ADVERTISED MOPAR RESTORATION EXPERT". I am currently working on some oil leaks and steering box replacement when I noticed that the clutch rod that goes from the pedal to the Z bar (can't think of the proper name) is at a bad angle. Correct me if I am wrong. Should'nt that rod be straight down from the pedal to the Z bar? Would any one of you know which part could be wrong. Could the pedals be wrong and the shaft be correct? Maybe the rod is incorrect it looks straight and the angle is bad enough that the clip will not go on. Anyone have any Pictures or part numbers? I think the Z Bar might be wrong because of the angle it is going through the firewall.

Thank you FBBO You guys are great.

A pic would help ALOT ! It dose run down hill at about 45 degrees or so. Is it in the center of the firewall hole ? It could be on Backwards ??

4sptechindex_clip_image002.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

clutch.jpg

I will check if it on backwards. It is apart now and was hard to get a clear pic with all the things in the way. The mating surfaces of the Z bar and rod will not allow a clip. The rod was not in the center of the hole. a little off to the side not rubbing.

- - - Updated - - -

Fork Rod was on the correct angle, Pedal Rod was at a bad angle so the clip would not go on the torque shaft connection.

I compared the pictures on the Brewers site, Found that the rod from the pedal to the torque shaft was installed backwards. thanks for all the input.

Auto Transport Service
Back