• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 Speed conversion for console?

bigmanjbmopar

Newb with a view
Local time
10:09 AM
Reaction score
Do you need the 4 speed hump if you already have an auto in a console? A833 is supposedly for a b-body came out of a 69 gtx would I need the hump?

IMAG0679.gif

76371_1448132526937_1341907663_31052431_4666928_n.gif

Technically you don't need the hump (for the floor or console) but you will have to cut the console to clear the floor hump if you install one. The floor gets a huge hole. I have a template to cut the console that I can send you.

WHwhat cut the console errrrr oh man I don't want to have to do that. I see what you mean though the hump sits to high in that one spot. No other way huh?

You'll need the hump, you'd regret it if you didn't and there inexpensive and easy to install. Otherwise you would have a pretty sizeable hole in your floor and wether or not it was covered by the console or not you'd know it was there, road dust, noise and the wind!

Shag766...how much you asking for the floor hump? I'll PM you

Technically you don't need the hump (for the floor or console) but you will have to cut the console to clear the floor hump if you install one. The floor gets a huge hole. I have a template to cut the console that I can send you.

Yes please send me the template so I have it when ready. Thanks :headbang:

WHwhat cut the console errrrr oh man I don't want to have to do that. I see what you mean though the hump sits to high in that one spot. No other way huh?

Yes, you cut the driver's side out of the auto console and there is another piece you need that has carpet on it plus a 4 speed only piece of chrome trim.

And here is what your console will look like after it's cut to clear the floor hump. What hump!!?

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$%28KGrHqJHJCgE7zFJb,m!BO+hVKmSoQ~~60_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Meep.....do you have more than one copy of that template? If so, I have to cut into an auto console also. PM me if so.

Thanks

That is a new repo console for 4 speed. The build them as auto and cut them just like the factor did for 4 speed application. If you compare the picture posted sabove you will see they are the same.

Auto Transport Service
Back