• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 speed interchange?

ncrobb

Local time
6:15 AM
Reaction score
Are all B-body 833 4 speeds dimensionally the same? So if I’m looking for one for a ‘73 Roadrunner (currently a 3 speed) do I need one specifically for a 1971-74 or would a B-body trans from other years work? Also are the lengths the same as a 3 speed? So for the driveline I would just need an output yoke to match the splines of the trans (30 spline?)?

From the MP Chassis manual......…..
upload_2020-5-13_9-53-28.png

It would be easier if you use a 1970 up trans, or at least the tail housing. The earlier ones are not shown on the chart, but the rear mount positions are different, and they don't have the rear shifter mount.

Thanks guys.

It would be easier if you use a 1970 up trans, or at least the tail housing. The earlier ones are not shown on the chart, but the rear mount positions are different, and they don't have the rear shifter mount.
This.^^^
'69-back A833 rear mount location is different than the '70-up.
(I have a new trans crossmember from Brewer's that allows the '70-up to be mounted in the '69-back bodies
for sale right now).

Auto Transport Service
Back