• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

413 casting numbers

Derv

Local time
3:42 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what these numbers mean if anything? I was told it is a truck motor, Thanks
IMG_0394.JPG
IMG_0395.JPG

Thanks this gave me all I needed.

year is clearly marked in cast on block ....on older 413

usually
:popcorn2:

I want to see this area better...
All joking aside, wouldn't that 12-8 (as it appears) be the date the block was machined for use, or final assembled for use?? I guess it wouldn't matter much, as they were probably finished assembled pretty much right after machining plus a day maybe I would guess??

All joking aside, wouldn't that 12-8 (as it appears) be the date the block was machined for use, or final assembled for use?? I guess it wouldn't matter much, as they were probably finished assembled pretty much right after machining plus a day maybe I would guess??

Yes thats the date of the assembly. The blocks were made months earlier.

How bout the Casting Letters? I never see them discussed. Anybody know if those are the casting plants?? If so, as in the pic provided "R. L." Anybody know the meaning, Kokomo do CI blocks once upon a time?? My 383 from '65 seems to have "L.L." cast into it. Could this actually mean "I.I." for Indy casting plant? I don't recall seeing any of those letters on the blocks later than mid-late 60's. Forgive me if it's been discussed. Thx, lefty71

Auto Transport Service
Back