• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 hemi block

Is everybody in here frigg'in NUTZ ?????????????
$5K.... $6K.... $10K ????????????

Just go BUY a Block brand new from BULLDOG.... $3,975.00 I think ?
http://bulldogblockhead.com/
And Yes they are available.... and no offense intended but they are a far better Block than your Cummins ? just say'in....

Re: Your vintage Cummins Block ?
If it is still on the 4.190" to 4.250" Rough Bore those are preferred as core shift and wall thicknesses can be an issue.... most builders including me preferring to Sonic map cylinder thicknesses before proceeding to finish the bank corrections 90* and maintain good wall thicknesses ?
Once done..... a guy can then make the call how close or "if" it's a good candidate for closer to 4.500"

I think if you can get $3,500 for your Block then you are stylin ?
Unless of course it's somebody here on this thread wants to give you $5K or $6K ?

Last edited:
I say $3500 is leaving money on the table.

Bulldog blocks are $3975 as you say...
But, add taxes and shipping & you're up around $4500 with no options added.

You say the Bulldog block is better quality than the Cummins/Mopar block. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. I don't think there are enough Bulldog blocks out there being built yet to make a claim like that.

Is everybody in here frigg'in NUTZ ?????????????
$5K.... $6K.... $10K ????????????

Just go BUY a Block brand new from BULLDOG.... $3,975.00 I think ?
http://bulldogblockhead.com/
And Yes they are available.... and no offense intended but they are a far better Block than your Cummins ? just say'in....

Out of curiosity, you say that the Bulldog block is "far better" ... in what way? The composition of the the alloy, the percentage of nickel in the pour, the degree of core shift, the tolerance of the manufacture, are they fully machined for the application (especially the 426 hemi application for the head studs and cross bolting and rocker arm oil feed holes, lifter bores), are the blocks stress relieved, are main caps furnished? "Inquiring minds want to know"....
BOB RENTON

Re: Your vintage Cummins Block ?
If it is still on the 4.190" to 4.250" Rough Bore those are preferred as core shift and wall thicknesses can be an issue.... most builders including me preferring to Sonic map cylinder thicknesses before proceeding to finish the bank corrections 90* and maintain good wall thicknesses ?
Once done..... a guy can then make the call how close or "if" it's a good candidate for closer to 4.500"

I think if you can get $3,500 for your Block then you are stylin ?
Unless of course it's somebody here on this thread wants to give you $5K or $6K ?

I say $3500 is leaving money on the table.

Bulldog blocks are $3975 as you say...
But, add taxes and shipping & you're up around $4500 with no options added.

You say the Bulldog block is better quality than the Cummins/Mopar block. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. I don't think there are enough Bulldog blocks out there being built yet to make a claim like that.

Granted, just my opinion....
but there most definitely has been enough of the Cummins Blocks out there for decades for me to comment on what they are ?
just say'in....
I used dozens of the Cummins Blocks ? and I am entitled to my opinion on them ?
so please re-read what I was describing in my earlier post.
ANY Cummins Block may be absolutely puss.... and it also may be NOT quite "puss" same as any Bulldog Block ?
One is brand new for the Vendor.... Bulldog
One has been in storage for 10 years ....Cummins
So NO guarantee's ANY Cummins is a Good or Bad Cummins Block either?

Just say'in...
We will know in 6 months if the value of a Cummins has gone UP.... or it may go DOWN..... depending upon feedback we start hearing on the Bulldogs ?

Last edited:
I believe what adds value to the Cummins block is the outward appearance is pretty much exactly like an original factory block and the resto guys can use them instead of a cracked, over bored, 50 year old block.

Medium price, factory 66-71 blocks at the top. Some of those early blocks had porosity problems. Desire for that particular block is ok but not high on the list, sorry imo 4-6500

Auto Transport Service
Back