• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 Hemi Clutch Replacement

jobenz

Local time
5:04 PM
Reaction score
Afternoon Everyone, what clutch kit would you recommend for my 64 Savoy. 18 spline A833 tranny. Not looking to go racing, just a nice heavy duty street clutch with a nice pedal feel that will handle over 500hp. I now have a dual disc 11" Centerforce thats on its way out.

My hemi Satellite has what I believe is the RAM 88504HDX in it. My left knee doesn't like it, but it sure doesn't slip! Dyno was 503 hp and 480ft-lbs.

I thought dual-discs weren't supposed to wear out? The last one I used was a McLeod dual-disc. I don't think my leg would like single disc.

Afternoon Everyone, what clutch kit would you recommend for my 64 Savoy. 18 spline A833 tranny. Not looking to go racing, just a nice heavy duty street clutch with a nice pedal feel that will handle over 500hp. I now have a dual disc 11" Centerforce thats on its way out.
Your Centerforce is what my GTX A833 18 spline runs behind. Nice setup, but not a fan of the clutch pedal. Adding a fork spring to bring pedal all the way up now makes it heavier like described above.

What don’t you like about the centerforce?

I love the Center Force dual friction 23 spline clutches, but can't stand their 18 spline unit. The pedal pressure is terribly stiff and releases very abruptly. So much so that my wife couldn't even drive the car. I have McLeod dual disc clutches in both my B bodies that have 18 spline transmissions, they are great.

Your Centerforce is what my GTX A833 18 spline runs behind. Nice setup, but not a fan of the clutch pedal. Adding a fork spring to bring pedal all the way up now makes it heavier like described above.
I have a pedal that won't come back up all the way too--where did you add the fork spring and what kind of spring?

Auto Transport Service
Back