• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 Hemi pedestal question

dan juhasz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
I noticed the end pedestal on each set of rocker assemblies the locating pin hole is oval and not round. Is this normal or do these 2 need to be replaced?

IMG_1157.jpeg

IMG_1156.jpeg

Is oil supplied through there?
I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks and never got to play with one of those :(

Not an oil hole, not mine anyway. Oil feeds up around the head bolt holes, 2nd stand in from each end. If you are worried about alignment, because it's on the end, maybe move it to one of the inner stand locations. Or, maybe that stand was altered because it was machined wrong? You will have to determine that.
I am learning more about my Hemi everyday, because I have forgotten everything that I knew about them 50 years ago!

20231214_173313.jpg

20231208_110013.jpg

It's for oil only one location supplies oil don't mix them up also note the rock shifts have slots that face down
I don't see it being an oil hole. It sits directly on the locating pin which is a blind hole.

Auto Transport Service
Back