• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 max wedge

SPEEDYRT1

Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
HEY , what is the diff between 426 max wedge vs the 426 street wedge blocks ? I always thought that it was just carb setup , cross ram vs the inline setup @ different pistons , higher compression ?

If you want everything,all of the above plus camshaft,heads,valve train,exhaust manifolds,oil pan and pick up,distributor and notched block for valve clearance.

Attachments

• Picture 637.jpg
    Picture 637.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 203
13.5 to 1 compression
3-speed (Heavy Duty) transmission OR Beefed up automatic
The "Cars" themselves were heavily modded too.
Like Aluminum front ends etc.

Taken from AllPar website:
Stage II motors were significant because they opened up the science of cylinder-head air flow engineering. The end result of this science would be the rebirth of the Hemi®.

From what I understand, the valve reliefs are the only difference in the blocks themselves. The casting numbers are the same. Of course, the stampings on the stamp pad on a MW block are different than on a SW block.

From what I understand, the valve reliefs are the only difference in the blocks themselves. The casting numbers are the same. Of course, the stampings on the stamp pad on a MW block are different than on a SW block.
Of course stampings can and have been changed for many years.

Auto Transport Service
Back