• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 Wedge in a 66 Coronet?

Very much. I found the original owner but sadly, he has passed so every bit of information I have is hear say. The original owners buddy says all his cars were bought from Mr norm, then again, this is all hear say. Don’t have the original fenders or original motor so it’s one big rabbit hole. In the mean time till I can figure something out we’ve got ourselves a cool can of worms lol.
Have you checked into any info sources connected to Mr Norms?

What size radiator support does it have? 22" or 26" ?

Problem with that (radiator size) and odd-ball cars in general is even some early Hemi mules and press vehicles had 22” radiators.
9AE51B0F-A375-4D32-973B-09E2C4D82366.jpeg
293F3024-9808-4922-BAD1-660B22211E84.jpeg

I am not knowledgable on this topic in any way. Was the Dana behind the Hemi in these days? Like a 440 later on, would a 426 wedge have a better diff than a 383 car?

Have you checked into any info sources connected to Mr Norms?
We have checked all the leads we could really Chrysler is the only one we’ve got left that and the guy lived roughly a half hour from Mr Norms shop truthfully the Mr Norm thing we kinda set aside it’s a cool little rumor but we have no proof

We have checked all the leads we could really Chrysler is the only one we’ve got left that and the guy lived roughly a half hour from Mr Norms shop truthfully the Mr Norm thing we kinda set aside it’s a cool little rumor but we have no proof
I did a rough search and came up with [email protected]

Maybe a Mr Norms local nostalgia club ?
Somewhere there's an oldtimer telling another old-timer about Freddy's streetwedge coronet beating everybody over a beer lol

Yes, I contacted Norms shop but they said 67 records and before we’re all lost in a fire, so Galen or Chrysler historical are our last hope, we’re currently waiting for responses from them.

So that's where that "rumor" came from about the Chrysler historical info.
It was Mr. Norm's instead.
I feel a victory for just that info right there.

I'd love to see the date on the second photo posted by AR67GTX.

The "other" possibility is that someone "simply" swapped a Hemi car VIN tag onto a 383 car.
...but that darn notation on the BS...

I have some notations like that on a group of BS I found in my 73.
...and they are almost as odd.

Here's another circumstantial question-

If Mr Norm was doing engine swaps, were any other cars coded for engines they WERE NOT BUILT WITH?
IE- if he put 440's in 67 darts, what was the VIN code on those Darts? If they were built as 383 cars, was it H? That's what I would bet on.
This should be fairly well documented, too.

So that's where that "rumor" came from about the Chrysler historical info.
It was Mr. Norm's instead.
I feel a victory for just that info right there.

I'd love to see the date on the second photo posted by AR67GTX.

The "other" possibility is that someone "simply" swapped a Hemi car VIN tag onto a 383 car.
...but that darn notation on the BS...

I have some notations like that on a group of BS I found in my 73.
...and they are almost as odd.

Here's another circumstantial question-

If Mr Norm was doing engine swaps, were any other cars coded for engines they WERE NOT BUILT WITH?
IE- if he put 440's in 67 darts, what was the VIN code on those Darts? If they were built as 383 cars, was it H? That's what I would bet on.
This should be fairly well documented, too.
I don’t think it’s a vin swap is because the build sheet matches the sequence number, all the body numbers match and all, it’s just the engine code that doesn’t.

Last edited:
I just went back and looked at the BS.

The VIN on that is "G".

Chrysler Historical b
I’ve already talked to Mr. Norma place, all pre 67 documents have been lost/destroyed.
I’ve already talked to Mr. Norma place, all pre 67 documents have been lost/destroyed.
Chrysler Historical HAS the records from 1967 and prior! Don’t think they have records for Canadian shipments and maybe other out of country destinations.

Wonder if person typing VIN saw some paper work stating 426 and typed H. Something similar has been said G and H are are next to each other on keyboard.

Chrysler Historical b

Chrysler Historical HAS the records from 1967 and prior! Don’t think they have records for Canadian shipments and maybe other out of country destinations.
Yes Chrysler does, that’s why we’re waiting on them, but Mr norms place does not, that’s what I was saying.

I just went back and looked at the BS.

The VIN on that is "G".

Wonder if person typing VIN saw some paper work stating 426 and typed H. Something similar has been said G and H are are next to each other on keyboard.
Yes the vin tag "may" be a mistake,
But it's harder to accidentally type 426 WEDGE

For shits and giggles I ran the tag info. I am a little confuse on the sales delivery instructions, my car does not show this section but it is a 67. Looks like it did start out as a 383 4 speed car but I know the hemis come with no warranty and looks maybe that was deleted? I think maybe the 426 wedge ont wthe build sheet was a typo but who knows...

Screenshot_20230204_021318_Chrome.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back