• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 Wedge in a 66 Coronet?

For shits and giggles I ran the tag info. I am a little confuse on the sales delivery instructions, my car does not show this section but it is a 67. Looks like it did start out as a 383 4 speed car but I know the hemis come with no warranty and looks maybe that was deleted? I think maybe the 426 wedge ont wthe build sheet was a typo but who knows...

would sure like to see some pics of this car, I know the engine is long gone but what kind of condition is it in? BTW I posted this because I hadn't seen it yet and thought it was interesting... I hope you figure it all out and restore this vehicle to its semi original condition, hemi or wedge pick your poison.

I

If I can figure out how to private message photos on here I’ll send you some

Think had 1yr 5k warranty. Just don't keep busting stuff.

Well fellas I figured I’d share an update never heard back from Chrysler historical but I was told this

54EB4ADC-302F-49B7-94EA-849BC9267D2C.jpeg

Congratulations! Good for you for following this through. I learned a long time ago to NEVER say never with Chrysler. If somebody wanted it bad enough, and plunked down the $$$, Chrysler would try to build it.

Congratulations! Good for you for following this through. I learned a long time ago to NEVER say never with Chrysler. If somebody wanted it bad enough, and plunked down the $$$, Chrysler would try to build it.
Especially if your name happens to be Norm Kraus.

Chrysler Historical may yet answer, like to hear there answer if they do.
If we hear back from them we’d be more than glad to share!

Big thanks to everybody on this forum page it got us pointed in the right direction and hopefully it gets some knowledge out there

That's a big slide in the right direction! Were these cars batch ordered?

That's a big slide in the right direction! Were these cars batch ordered?
From what we’ve been told there’s supposed to be 50 of these cars in total that exist but from what we’ve learned only 3 of them are known to exist the 2 other and then our car

Well fellas I figured I’d share an update never heard back from Chrysler historical but I was told this

View attachment 1414293

Just throwing this out there.....Has GG ever vouched for a car and turned out to be wrong?

Documentation trumps all opinions.

Leave no doubt to yourself or anyone else. Get the IBM card and find out what you can prove. Not what you wish, hope, think or believe. What you can prove.

Yes the vin tag "may" be a mistake,
But it's harder to accidentally type 426 WEDGE

This is about as realistic as it gets.

Numbers have been stamped wrong on multiple occasions in multiple places.

Typing that many letters in that configuration by mistake would take a miracle

...unless someone went to a rubber stamp store, had one made and did it themselves, after the fact.

$25 or less.

Just playing "devil's advocate". (That's one of my "super powers")

I've got some margin stamped broadcast sheets we could compare the fonts and ink characteristics with.

St Louis plant.

...but they're from 1973.

Wait...I do have a small part of a 67 sheet that has "SILVER SPL" on it for a car with a silver special interior.
Also StL plant, IIRC.

My car had a broadcast sheet for a 72 Charger that was stamped as above.

What's odd is my car is a '73. All these sheets were "perforated" together with the BS for my car.
Some have since separated. Shame about that.

Look at the VON-

IMG_20120724_165307.jpg

IMG_20120724_165054.jpg

2/28 is my birthday!

Auto Transport Service
Back