• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 Wedge in a 66 Coronet?

Get that IBM card.

Doesn't the IBM card tie the VIN to the SO?

Would those SO digits maybe suggest or confirm it was a pilot car?

Don't those usually have loaded option sheets?
I’m lost on what everything is, if the I remember the IBM card it the card with everything on it that can be found under the carpet right? If so I do not have one that I can find, pulled up the front and back and saw nothing.

Get that IBM card.

Doesn't the IBM card tie the VIN to the SO?

Would those SO digits maybe suggest or confirm it was a pilot car?

Don't those usually have loaded option sheets?
Yes. Get the card if it’s available. more documentation is always better.

Both the IBM card and the BS tie the two together.

it wasnt a pilot car but it does carry the 699 special order code.

Not necessarily. A stripped down car ordered by a noted drag racer could be a Special Order car. The reasons for Special Order cars is lengthy and varied.

Last edited:
No, you have to contact Stelantis.

IIRC the page with the procedures and who to contact was linked to on this thread.

if it were me, I wouldn't be able to order that fast enough.

Someone commented that they could be found under the carpet but I've NEVER seen that in 40 years.

I’m lost on what everything is, if the I remember the IBM card it the card with everything on it that can be found under the carpet right? If so I do not have one that I can find, pulled up the front and back and saw nothing.
A copy of the IBM card may be available through Chrysler Historical. This is a verified factory record on your car.

The IBM card you want is not found in the car

Last edited:

IIRC the page with the procedures and who to contact was linked to on this thread.

Someone commented that they could be found under the carpet but I've NEVER seen that in 40 years.
Okay I’ve done this as well, I’m still waiting for a response, it’s been a bit since I’ve contacted them.

Got this link from another thread-

[email protected]

It also said they can't provide card for Canadian cars.

Not sure if that means cars built in Canada, Ordered in Canada, or built for export to Canada.

I'd darn sure try her, though.

I've heard wait times can be long, but seems like the last few posted here weren't too bad.

Got this link from another thread-

[email protected]

It also said they can't provide card for Canadian cars.

Not sure if that means cars built in Canada, Ordered in Canada, or built for export to Canada.

I'd darn sure try her, though.
Do I mail them a copy of everything or email them? I got high resolution pictures and emailed them, that may be why I haven’t heard back.

Do I mail them a copy of everything or email them? I got high resolution pictures and emailed them, that may be why I haven’t heard back.
As I stated way back in this thread when I gave you the form... you email her that form filled out with the VIN # on it and a scan of your ownership to prove it's your car.

She responded to me on both my submissions the very next day to say they were back logged and would try to get mine out in Q1 of 2023 and then I got my '66 about a week later back before Christmas. The '64 I'm still waiting for...

@dadsbee

What's the SPD of your 66 Hemi car?

Vedddy intedesting.....

A month before the Hemi supplement to the FSM. (score 1, YY1)

...but a month after the OP's car. (no real help there, but does prove they were built prior to the supplement)

Yep.... I bought a '66 FSM only to find it doesn't even cover the Hemi...
1966satellitehp2 003.jpg

I'm the someone who found BS under front driver's bucket. The only person who was under that seat before me was original owner. He put 3/4" blocks to raise the seat. 2nd owner drove car 200miles and did nothing to the car except remove Orig owners family crest off drivers door. I was friends with 2nd owned and saw the for sale ad in news paper. The car is a St Louis car as is the OP's car with 308 build date. You may never seen a BS it under carpet but....

Auto Transport Service
Back