• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

426 Wedge in a 66 Coronet?

Oh well Doug we tried, let him give Galen his hard earned money for some speculative paperwork... I'm out!
The efforts are appreciated by everyone, and we do appreciate the help with the IBM card, especially since it helped us see it was from Mr. Norms, other than that our build sheet had most details, it’s cool to have the IBM card but it ignores the fact it was special ordered with a 426 wedge, it only focuses on the engine code (which makes sense because most people don’t believe you could get a 426 wedge in 1966) so I will say thank you all for your time and efforts in helping us out, it is greatly appreciated for you all to take your time out of your days over the past month to help us out. Now that we have the IBM card we’re going to get the documentation from Galen as well that way we can know as much about the car as possible, thank you all.

I will be giving Galen my money on this one not because it’s speculative paperwork but because he knows what he is talking about in this instance
Please share what the factory IBM card says about your car.

Please share what the factory IBM card says about your car.
I don’t see why you’re so intent on the IBM card all it shows is the car was originally planned as a 383 and a special order car the build sheet shows in the box it was a special order 426 wedge

21F887A1-17C8-4679-B97E-4555574534ED.jpeg

The efforts are appreciated by everyone, and we do appreciate the help with the IBM card, especially since it helped us see it was from Mr. Norms, other than that our build sheet had most details, it’s cool to have the IBM card but it ignores the fact it was special ordered with a 426 wedge, it only focuses on the engine code (which makes sense because most people don’t believe you could get a 426 wedge in 1966) so I will say thank you all for your time and efforts in helping us out, it is greatly appreciated for you all to take your time out of your days over the past month to help us out. Now that we have the IBM card we’re going to get the documentation from Galen as well that way we can know as much about the car as possible, thank you all.

Please provide the proof and documents this car was special ordered with a 426w. So far, nothing has been put forward that reinforces this claim.

I would honestly love to see the docoments.

Please provide the proof and documents this car was special ordered with a 426w. So far, nothing has been put forward that reinforces this claim.

I would honestly love to see the docoments.
The build sheet says it plain and clear at the bottom, we are working on getting more documentation.

I don’t see why you’re so intent on the IBM card all it shows is the car was originally planned as a 383 and a special order car the build sheet shows in the box it was a special order 426 wedge

View attachment 1418242

the Card shows G VIN code 383. The ENGINE assembly shows code 62= 383. The card, broadcast sheet and fender tag all show 383. Only the VIN tag shows H 426.

The card, and SO, show 699 SPECIAL ORDER. This code could mean many things. It is not proof the car was ordered with a 426w.

You’re managing to perfectly ignore the highlighted section at the bottom

That claim would be the equivalent to saying this Belvedere 2 isn’t a silver special

BD2C2077-31BA-420D-B66D-055354B61555.jpeg

You’re managing to perfectly ignore the highlighted section at the bottom
And you continue to ignore what the documenation, not me, not my opinion, the factory documents, show.

IF proof this car was built as a 426w, surfaces, I honestly want to be among the first to see it.

That claim would be the equivalent to saying this Belvedere 2 isn’t a silver special

View attachment 1418249
True, this is the only piece of documentation this person has and everyone believes it’s a silver special, what’s the difference? I mean I get what you’re saying, all we have is a mere reference at the bottom, but isn’t this further proof?

And you continue to ignore what the documenation, not me, not my opinion, the factory documents, show.

IF proof this car was built as a 426w, surfaces, I honestly want to be among the first to see it.
The factory documents, both factory build sheets the car was set with, say special order 426 WEDGE, I’m just curious as to why the build sheet isn’t being considered a factory document, I mean I see what you’re saying, we don’t have the motor or anything other than the build sheet, but we have multiple mismatched signs, and a professional telling us this is a real 426 WEDGE car. We will work on documents and I will work on getting in contact with the original owners family, until then we still have a can of worms.

Choose to ignore the proof that’s been put in front of you or accept the evidence that has been presented even Chrysler themself telling us they couldn’t help us I’m not gonna fill up another 2 forum pages bickering and arguing about documentation that’s been presented plain as day

Screenshot_20230214_171320_Chrome.jpg

I wonder if this # actually means more than the text. Like a special order request #.

I’ll try to find out on that what I am able to

No dog in this fight - but there were 2 build sheets in the car with the same note - is that correct? I wonder what the significance of the 220673 out beside the note is, if any. Probably little way to find out.

edit: looks like Ramcharger just asked that.

The factory documents, both factory build sheets the car was set with, say special order 426 WEDGE, I’m just curious as to why the build sheet isn’t being considered a factory document, I mean I see what you’re saying, we don’t have the motor or anything other than the build sheet, but we have multiple mismatched signs, and a professional telling us this is a real 426 WEDGE car. We will work on documents and I will work on getting in contact with the original owners family, until then we still have a can of worms.

The IBM card shows G Code 383-4 VIN, ENGINE CODE 62 383-4
The Broadcast sheet shows G VIN 383-4, sales code 62 383-4 and engine assembly code 180 383-4.
The Fender tag shows engine code 62.
All three show 699 Special order but not WHY is was special order. It could have been SPECIAL ORDERED for a variety of reasons none of which would be related to the engine.

The factory documents show 383-4 not 426 W. There is an inconclusive reference to a 426w on the BS.

I agree the 426 reference is interesting but there is NO proof or documentation this car came equipped with anything other than a 383.
Wishing, wanting, and hoping are not documentation nor proof of anything. The factory documents show this car was built as a 383-4. Nothing more and nothing less. Not my opinion. Not my belief.

All I've asked for, all I've ever asked for, in this thread is proof and documentation. So far, all the factory documents show is a 383-4.

Again, and for the last time, I truly hope you get to the bottom of what you have, accept any truth and go with it.

Auto Transport Service
Back