• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440-6 Build: Opinion?

70runner

Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
70RR convertible: 68 440 block (.030 over) with repro 6pak carbs, 440source alum heads, stock iron intake and exhaust manifolds, stock rockers, SRP flat tops (approx 10:1), SCAT H beam rods, 727, 3.23 suregrip. Mostly street car with a little attitude.

Looking at following cam options: comp XE268 or XE274, Hughes whiplash (HMC3245BL-7), or Bullet Cams custom grind (.510/231, .540/238 with 108 lobe sep).

Converter: TCI 141200 (2.4K stall) or Hughes 24-25 (2.5K stall)

What think ye?

Buy one of Bob's cams. Best available for a six pack, and ditch the 3.23's

(btw....this was with a 4 speed, PolyGlas tires, NO traction, and 3960 pounds)

best of a [email protected]

!!!!.jpg

OK - who is Bob and where are his cams? What is an MR six pac cam?

my pal Bob. He's had his M code since NEW, and grew up next door to Hoover.

Kinda odd that the RT "drives around" the GTO and still has a lower MPH unless the GTO is doing it in the very last few feet and can't catch the RT....

I think it's kinda odd that the Goat's rated at 20 hp less yet pulls 2 mph higher through the traps.

Actually my best ET/MPH was [email protected], but that was in qualifying, not eliminations. Also, tire spin at the start tends to give you more mph in the traps

Auto Transport Service
Back