• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 coolant temp sensor thread sealant?

Kris70gtx

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:16 PM
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm sure it's been asked on here before but I couldn't find it. Are you guys putting thread sealant/teflon on your coolant temp sensors? I'm replacing mine on my 440 and wanted to know what you guys think, I wouldnt think it would need any sealant. Thank you.

Do not use any sealant sensor needs to ground. Designed to not leak that said do not over tighten

I've never had any problem with grounding and have always used teflon tape.

I like to try and make sure they get ground so these days I use Loctite Flange Sealant 515.
I used to use Teflon tape for many years and did not have any problems but the flange sealant looks cleaner as opposed to the white tape.

Dry is fine, brass pipe threads. Do you ever see these leaking on old untouched cars? Nope.
Take apart an untouched car, ever see any sealer on there? Nope.

Yeah I didnt see any sealer on mine when I took the old one out. Thanks for the help guys, have a good Sunday.

Having been a plumber for 30 years, I like dope on pipe threads. I prefer any paste type.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back