• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 heads

Thank all of you for your responses
I have given this a lot of thought and realize like Challenger340 says I cant be chasing Quench at this point
He is also correct in that I don't want to change cams, I simply want to make what I have better
I may change cams in the future but a stroker motor 512 is more likely
I am fortunate to have 5 more blocks sitting under my bench

Again I planned this engine over 20 years ago and would do things so much differently today.
I don't remember so many stroker kits readily available in the late 90s

In that line I have decided the Edelbrock RPM heads with 75cc chambers will affect my combination the best
It will get my compression up to 10.5:1 from the 9.8 (using MLS .027 gaskets) and flow at 500 lift is more than enough

the one question I have about the Edelbrocks is, Are they truly out of the box or will they require some work?

Last edited:
Thank all of you for your responses
I have given this a lot of thought and realize like Challenger340 says I cant be chasing Quench at this point
He is also correct in that I don't want to change cams, I simply want to make what I have better
I may change cams in the future but a stroker motor 512 is more likely
I am fortunate to have 5 more blocks sitting under my bench

Again I planned this engine over 20 years ago and would do things so much differently today.
I don't remember so many stroker kits readily available in the late 90s

In that line I have decided the Edelbrock RPM heads with 75cc chambers will affect my combination the best
It will get my compression up to 10.5:1 from the 9.8 (using MLS .027 gaskets) and flow at 500 lift is more than enough

the one question I have about the Edelbrocks is, Are they truly out of the box or will they require some work?

I think it's a smart move, but why the Eddy "rpm's" instead of the E-Streets at 75 cc's part #5090 ? They Flow EXACTLY the same as the rpm's, and NO.... neither are actually anywhere near 291 crfm @ .600" Lift on our Bench.... but both are still plenty for what you want to do.
We've used the E-Streets, and the Stealth's, and the Sidewinder's on dozens of builds.... ALL should be dis-assembled/checked for guide Clrc, seat contacts and V/Spring pressure & rate check.... but most all are also pretty decent OOTB except the Stealth's lately which always require lubing ?
And anywhere .050" to .060" quench is just fine on those ratio heads with the .509" cam......I think you may be shocked just how well the Engine will respond.

Last edited:
I think it's a smart move, but why the Eddy "rpm's" instead of the E-Streets at 75 cc's part #5090 ? They Flow EXACTLY the same as the rpm's, and NO.... neither are actually anywhere near 291 crfm @ .600" Lift on our Bench.... but both are still plenty for what you want to do.
We've used the E-Streets, and the Stealth's, and the Sidewinder's on dozens of builds.... ALL should be dis-assembled/checked for guide Clrc, seat contacts and V/Spring pressure & rate check.... but most all are also pretty decent OOTB except the Stealth's lately which always require lubing ?
And anywhere .050" to .060" quench is just fine on those ratio heads with the .509" cam......I think you may be shocked just how well the Engine will respond.

Challenger340
I sent you a private message about the E-streets

Auto Transport Service
Back