• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOLD 440 Short Block - Standard Bore

Status
Not open for further replies.

716PKRT

Local time
2:27 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a 440 short block built years ago by Herb McCandless's shop. It was one of their "street motors" they built in the off season. Standard bore. All new components were used. 1978 block. No Cam, but includes a good used flywheel. Stored in climate controlled storage. McCandless told me with the right heads, compression would be low 9's. Asking $1000.00 Can deliver to the Mopar Nationals. Located in Central Illinois

440 Date.jpg
440 Front.jpg
440 Side.jpg

Last edited:
1978 440 would be a cast crank engine. Did they install a steel crankshaft as the balancer in the picture is for neutral balance Also is the flywheel 10 1/2” or 11”? Can you post a picture of that as well please. Any paperwork from the MaCandless shop showing machine work details like stnd bore or overbore size and if the crankshaft is standard or cut
appreciate it!

I believe it is cast and yes, the balancer is for an internal balanced engine, so won't work. Missed that. I don't have any paperwork on the details of the motor, but put calipers to the bore and it is 4.320". Other than that, I really don't have anything about specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back