• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 six pack car for Super Stock

As I recall Mopar had lots of mods for the STR set ups. Numerous "popckcille sticks". I had some conversations with guys that ran them back in the '70's & had a lot of issues. Never tried one. I spent a lot of time just on my stock aluminum 6 pak manifold with several years versions of carbs. Eventually the '70 carbs worked very well.

Well...I was gonna stay quiet but, I couldn't. I'm a Mopar guy, but I work in an engine shop and I've been building a NHRA Super Stock Chevy II for a while. Its almost done. I'll say, if I didn't know so many people and have a ton of help, I could not do it. The trans setup is over $15,000. ( Liberty 4 speed, Browell bellhousing, twin disc pro stock type clutch ). Anyways, just in the heads ( the Edelbrocks are definitely the way to go ) you could spend $6000. - $8000. Its not a cheap deal. But durn its cool !!!! LOL If I can ever help, I work at Kowalsky Racing Engines.

Auto Transport Service
Back