• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 six pack heads

I'm reading different things about the internals of the '69. Forged crank ? ...different pistons and rods for the six pack 440 that year ?

Forged crank in 69 anyway but had beefed up rods I believe.
In `69 only, as I recall, rods were not beefed up so to speak... they were plain LY rods, but were very closely matched and were either Magnuflux or Dayglo tested, cant remember which. This was not so on other production 440's

69 1/2 6 pack were stock LY bottomend I believe.
But there are interesting stories of the magnums and high perf engines getting closer to spec better parts.

Thanks, I'm buying a Dart with a 440 six pack engine. Just looking for more info on it for my own good, when people ask questions. I don't want to look like a complete moron ..semi-moron is fine.

00303_fRJkGmrdKvcz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Some sellers will call anything with an aftermarket manifold and carbs a six pack engine lol.

Well there is a six pack equipped engine in that car but is it an “Actual Original” 6 pack engine?

Pad read...... E 440
Looks like 7 7 . 1 HP2

can't be sure of 77 the rest is as is.. car is > incredibly < fast ...maybe too fast

7th month is a bit late for a sixpack. SPD's are 3/26 and 4/26.

VIN stamp on the pan rail will certainly tell you IF it is a sixpack block.
It will start with an "A" for Lynch Road, 9 for year and the A12 number sequence that falls between 239XXX and 309XXX. Many report AA stamp on the pan rail as well.

I'll get a little sand paper tomorrow .. Honestly not a big deal seeing as it's not in an original car, just wondering. ( bragging rights at a cruise night )

It's... E 440
1 1 (space) 1 HP2 .the rail check will have to wait until I can get it up in the air

Auto Transport Service
Back