• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 Source Valve Cover Leak

Randy Wilson

Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
Has any one had issue with the OEM valve covers leaking on the 440 Source heads? I've tried a few different fixes with no luck. I saw a post in the past about this but can not recall all the details.

Hello there, Randy.
Have you tried THIS stuff?

383 81 ccc.jpg

NOTHING has worked for me as well as this product. I use it with the black fibrous gaskets on my engines...

383 306.JPG

602 B.JPG

Last edited:
I’m not sure this will help but I’m running the same heads and I’m using studs in place of the bolts to hold the valve covers on. The studs will help to hold the gaskets in place.

On my 440 source heads the cover rail casting is not located in the right place, in the corner its off a little so you only get the edge of the gasket touching the head. you need to glue the gasket in place and let it set up before putting the cover on. use whatever silicone you like. but you will need to live with it unless you weld more material to the head.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back