• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 to Polara conversion

The bezels that mount directly to the car body ( 330 series and U.S. 440 series ) have a left or right curvature to match the fender shape. This is the outside left or right bezel. The inside bezel is a flat one like the ones used in the Polara base plate. Canadian 440 series use a shorter base plate than the Polara, and use the flat bezels. I found that I had to use two tail light lens gaskets under the lenses to hold them tight, after installing the new repro pieces on the original base plates.

How about that. I thought they were all the same. I went and inspected mine closely. I have one with an 'R', one with an 'L' and two with no indication. That means they aren't even Polara bezels. Well, I guess except for the two blank ones that don't matter.

The two blank ones would work for Polara.
How about that. I thought they were all the same. I went and inspected mine closely. I have one with an 'R', one with an 'L' and two with no indication. That means they aren't even Polara bezels. Well, I guess except for the two blank ones that don't matter.

Auto Transport Service
Back