• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

.45 self defense

I've actually change my collection some, kept some sold some too, got different ones here & there
I won't really tell all on a public forum either, too many nefarious types out there today...

I use to be real active shooter, at one time I spent 1000 rounds down range a month min.
unfortunately not as much now/lately...

Gun control;
is actually being able to hit what your aiming at, around these parts...LOL

Well big into guns , I feel, you better have it if you need it verses not have one. My wife got her carry keltec pf9 9mm with a laser sight. She's been threw a few pistols and finely found one she liked shooting. I carry two guns I leave my big old 45 in my truck and I carry my little .38 snub nose all the time . Figured the 38 is perfect for the oh crap situation but if crap really hit the fan the big boy wouldn't be to far from me.
And home defence I have 4 huge dogs and they let people know there here,along with lots of signs and motion lights if some poor idiot does come in I guess we will see what kind of mood I'm in i have a huge safe in my bed room with ar15's ,12 vs, pistols and so on .I keep a combat knife and led mag next to my bed along with my old faithful .45 I would probably go ar on an intruder just to try out my new night time optics. I'm purity well set here I dare someone to brake in i am itching to try some of my new toys out . I also take time to educate and explain how guns work to anyone who ask .
Guns are very important and no one can take them from us .
God bless America

I've actually change my collection some, kept some sold some too, got different ones here & there
I won't really tell all on a public forum either, too many nefarious types out there today...

I use to be real active shooter, at one time I spent 1000 rounds down range a month min.
unfortunately not as much now/lately...

Gun control;
is actually being able to hit what your aiming at, around these parts...LOL

LOL. Know that whole story. My buddy sent this to me after my shooting yesterday.

View My Video

Can't believe I'm so late on this one! Good for you Garry, teaching your kids self defense is one of the best things you can do whether it's martial arts or guns. I was tought at a very you age and pack one nearly everywhere with things the way they are, last thing I want is to be incapable of protecting my family.

For me my #1 choice is my 1911 Springfield.

I spent four hours on the range Saturday training some of my kids' friends some self defense. Three girls and a dude. Had one of the range safety "instructors" sit in on the training. He comes in wearing a 1911A1 on his right side... typical. We got to the practical session and I had them fire 50 rounds of 9MM and .38 SPL with their weak hands only.

When we went back to the classroom, the "instructor" asked why I had them shooting with their weak hands when I should have been going over getting a sight picture, stance, etc. I picked up a white board eraser, tossed it to him, and said "catch". He reached up with his right hand and caught it. I said "that's why." Your brain is wired to use your strong hand as a defense when something is coming at you. You may have time to pull a gun with your strong hand, but you won't in a blitz attack. Your strong hand is going to reach out to push or strike your assailant while your weak hand hangs around like a lazy brother-in-law. I then asked if he could draw, un-safety, and fire his 1911A1 with his left hand, and he said no. That's when I told the group that's why you don't carry on your strong side.

So the dude came in wanting a bid old M1911A1 on his hip and all four of them went shopping for airweight S&W hammerless .38s when they left. Smart kids. :)

My concealed carry is a P938 9mm SIG but I'll take my 1911 anyday when not carrying concealed. Some guns just fit you right and that's my gun.

Yeah I got the springfield XDM .45 which is pretty good gun, but I shot a 1911 springfield, wow what a gun that thing was nice.

I carry everyday at work and all. 45ACP Colt Commander.

home invasions never happen? I live in the rural boonies of Missouri, when I lived in n. mo. I had a crazied dopper try his best to bust in my front door, as he screamed " you are in MY house and I'm coming in!". after he went around to the bedroom and busted out the window, with the wife standing 6 feet away,......... the 12 ga, went boom.....

the CCW deal here in s w mo. grows bigger by the day....

I hope your daughter has a fast & complete recovery!
So she can keep that soldier in line!

- - - Updated - - -

What good is it if you can't carry on base? Just sayin

When he's not on base... Just sayin!

home invasions never happen? I live in the rural boonies of Missouri, when I lived in n. mo. I had a crazied dopper try his best to bust in my front door, as he screamed " you are in MY house and I'm coming in!". after he went around to the bedroom and busted out the window, with the wife standing 6 feet away,......... the 12 ga, went boom.....

the CCW deal here in s w mo. grows bigger by the day....

Amen brother. Guard the family and Homefront at all costs. There are a lot of nut cases out there....

I got my permit to carry last January, and so far my Kimber Tactical Entry II proves a little big to carry. My fiance just got her permit to carry this weekend. So it looks like we need to go gun shopping!

I've got a fairly extensive list of training with firearms and have have also done a lot of real life research on how horribly inefficient nearly any handgun is for protection. Ballistics prove that any popular handgun weather 9, 40, or 45 are all similar. Yes old school guys, that 230 grain slug moving and about 750fps doesn't have much more energy than a 9mm 124 grain moving around 1200 fps. That being said, it's still good to carry, carry what you can shoot proficiently, practice routinely, always be aware, never give up, and ALWAYS use any other option if it's available.

For home defense, shorter pistol grip shotguns, ar-15's with FRANGIBLE ammo, and weapons of the like with lights mounted make excellent choices.

I carry my pistol all the time so i can get to my rifle caliber defense tools safely

Just my 2 cents.

x2 on "it's still good to carry, carry what you can shoot proficiently"

When I carry in my business, I like my Firestar 9MM. It's only 7+1, but very concealable, totally reliable, I have shot thousands of rounds through it and can put all 8 rounds in the black at up to 50ft. If that doesn't get me outta the ****, I have bigger problems !!!

I've got a fairly extensive list of training with firearms and have have also done a lot of real life research on how horribly inefficient nearly any handgun is for protection. Ballistics prove that any popular handgun weather 9, 40, or 45 are all similar. Yes old school guys, that 230 grain slug moving and about 750fps doesn't have much more energy than a 9mm 124 grain moving around 1200 fps. That being said, it's still good to carry, carry what you can shoot proficiently, practice routinely, always be aware, never give up, and ALWAYS use any other option if it's available.

For home defense, shorter pistol grip shotguns, ar-15's with FRANGIBLE ammo, and weapons of the like with lights mounted make excellent choices.

I carry my pistol all the time so i can get to my rifle caliber defense tools safely

Just my 2 cents.

Yup, always heard a handgun is for getting to your rifle.

I have a 460 Rowland conversion on my 1911 44mag ballistics in a 1911. I'm a firm believer in carrying the biggest gun you can shoot comfortably. In a non cc it's a 500 S&W! I don't want to just hit them, I want to knock them down.

Auto Transport Service
Back