• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

.45 self defense

My Colt 1911A1 sees lots of time at the range, but zero for concealed carry. That's the realm of a Sig P226 right now and will be until I get my S&W Model 19 with a 2.5" barrel.

I have a 460 Rowland conversion on my 1911 44mag ballistics in a 1911. I'm a firm believer in carrying the biggest gun you can shoot comfortably. In a non cc it's a 500 S&W! I don't want to just hit them, I want to knock them down.

Better hit them with the first shot.

I went into the gun store wanting a 45 cc but after handling several guns I changed my mind quickly, a 45 is quite fat to comfortably stuff down your pants. Never liking the feel of a double stack clip I also ended up with a 7+1 capacity but it's comfortable and accurate. It's better to pick the gun that fits you than the biggest bazooka you can muster.

My daily carry piece is a bone-stock 1911 that was manufactured in 1917. I know it's a museum piece, but it is 100% reliable and will feed anything I put through it. Sometimes I'll go with a Glock 19 or the Beretta M9. I also have a Colt Detective Special that is my favorite 'go out for pizza on Sunday' piece. I keep a SHTF bag in the trunk with a underfolder AK.

http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/dogs-101/videos/belgian-malinois/

- - - Updated - - -

Handgun in home is good,except were do you keep it that you can get to it in a hurry when you have young kids in the house. As the gentleman in a above thread pointed out his home was robbed while he slept! My house is extremely secure and we will hear anyone trying to get access. HOWEVER,if your that worried about security and like animals,consider this dog,smart ,loyal,extremely protective

My friend has little kids and guns. He has an American flag plaque hanging on the wall. It looks just like any home decor thingy in the living room about 7 ft off floor, nothing around. It's a false plaque with 2 .45's inside it ready if needed.

- - - Updated - - -

20130124_163401.jpg20140419_182909.jpg

My "toys". Like them both but I'm liking the FN more and more.

Hey folks...
I wanted to share an important detail when you depend on a pistol.
I have been lucky to train with some really awesome people!
For a guy from Canada... Well, looking for somewhere warm to help my broken
body, spending time at the Ben Avery range is great therapy!
I want to say that while shooting is fun, equally important is
practicing for failures.
During many classes with all types of folks...
I was shocked just how often handguns fail to fire.
For whatever reason.
I'd be glad to answer anyone via e-mail, because I tend to talk/type
too much!!
And I hope none of us ever have to be at risk of violence, ever!

Auto Transport Service
Back