• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

470 back from dyno

I plan on using secondary springs in the 6 bbl to help slow it down or upshift the gear vendor to slow it down if need be. 7.50 1/8 & 11.50 1/4 are the limits for no rollbars. That's how I came to the 11.50 number.

I haven't had it on the road yet, but I'm pretty confident I will. According to the Wallace calculator 590hp should get me 11.20-30. I have good suspension & shocks so should be able to get it to stick.

Sounds great. Traction is usually a challenge for street cars but will be a bucket of fun either way. Please post your results if you get a chance to get out. Good luck.

I totally agree with the intake statement that Andy mentioned. That weiand is not the most favorable piece. I tried the performer on my 451 with TF240's and then switched to the Eddy RPM and picked up about 30 hp. We put an 850 with that and it really woke up the car. It maxed out @ 613hp and 625 tq with over 600tq from 3700 to 5700. For a street engine with good manners and power brakes it runs great, and the tq at low rpm where it's needed on the street was awesome with that Eddy Rpm intake. @ 2700 it has 540 tq. My suggestion from experience is go with the rpm and you'll be very happy. Good luck with your build

What were your cam specs? I'm building a 470 and I'd like to hit 600hp/600tq, but with power brakes and steering. Wasn't sure how realistic that would be. Debating between a port matched RPM intake or try the TF single plane, since I am also looking at going with a Sniper setup (not sure which). Also using the TF 240 heads and running about 10.1:1 comp.

What were your cam specs? I'm building a 470 and I'd like to hit 600hp/600tq, but with power brakes and steering. Wasn't sure how realistic that would be. Debating between a port matched RPM intake or try the TF single plane, since I am also looking at going with a Sniper setup (not sure which). Also using the TF 240 heads and running about 10.1:1 comp.
In My opinion because of the fuel Injection get a Hyd Roller with a wide LSA, something about 228 to 232 on the intake and put a 4 to 6 degree spread on the exhaust, with either 112 or 114 LSA To be honest with FI you would be better off with a single plane intake FI seems to like it better The intake that works very well on a B engine is the Torker if you can find a good used one. The Eddy RPM is great as well but make sure you cut the divider down so the FI gets a good signal. I have a 240 degree SFT custom cam from Howards on 904 design in mine and I really like it, I don't mind adjusting valves once or twice a season. Hope this helps There are many talented people on our forum (Dwayne, Iq52, Tom TKrace, AndyF etc...) and got pointed in the right direction many times. I personally have spoken with Dwayne who is amazing to talk with and Tom TK as well very helpful. Good Luck

In My opinion because of the fuel Injection get a Hyd Roller with a wide LSA, something about 228 to 232 on the intake and put a 4 to 6 degree spread on the exhaust, with either 112 or 114 LSA To be honest with FI you would be better off with a single plane intake FI seems to like it better The intake that works very well on a B engine is the Torker if you can find a good used one. The Eddy RPM is great as well but make sure you cut the divider down so the FI gets a good signal. I have a 240 degree SFT custom cam from Howards on 904 design in mine and I really like it, I don't mind adjusting valves once or twice a season. Hope this helps There are many talented people on our forum (Dwayne, Iq52, Tom TKrace, AndyF etc...) and got pointed in the right direction many times. I personally have spoken with Dwayne who is amazing to talk with and Tom TK as well very helpful. Good Luck

I was planning on a hyd roller cam, and I'm debating the single plane/dual plane intake. i actually have a TM6 single plane on my 383 I just had pulled (bought a 400 block to stroke to 470), but I figured the Trick Flow single plane might be better based on some of AndyF testing he has done. I'm using the same engine builder AndyF works with, so I was hoping to pick his brain on picking the right intake and EFI system based on their experience.

I was planning on a hyd roller cam, and I'm debating the single plane/dual plane intake. i actually have a TM6 single plane on my 383 I just had pulled (bought a 400 block to stroke to 470), but I figured the Trick Flow single plane might be better based on some of AndyF testing he has done. I'm using the same engine builder AndyF works with, so I was hoping to pick his brain on picking the right intake and EFI system based on their experience.
There was a test years ago that tested a whole bunch of intakes you might want to read that Mopar Intake Manifold Shootout, Part 1 (motortrend.com) and Mopar Intake Manifold Shootout, Part 2 (motortrend.com)

From the article (part 2)
"WEIAND HI-RAM TUNNEL-RAM We've used the Weiand Hi-Ram to good effect before, so we knew this intake made power, but until now we've never run it back-to-back against similar intakes. We tested it with 750-cfm Holleys, and the numbers speak for themselves, with monstrous torque that takes all the other manifolds to school, including the two-planes. Up top, the Hi-Ram outpowered all contenders too. With giant gobs of additional torque and screaming top-end numbers, it's hard to argue against the worthiness of this design"
Sounds like a winner!

Nothing beats a tunnel ram, if you don't mind a hole in the hood. With the SK resto boats, it's about the cool factor. This is a 438 B block with stealth heads and the XS282S

IMG_0836.jpg
IMG_0775.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back